Congrats Chris

Old January 4th 04, 11:49 PM
bill

Default Congrats Chris

Just saw your winning image of mars on sky at night, excellent image
Bill

Old January 4th 04, 11:58 PM
ChrisH

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:49:47 -0000, "bill"
wrote:

Just saw your winning image of mars on sky at night, excellent image
Bill

Cheers Bill, no-one was more supprised than me - and I'm sure there
have been better images taken from the UK but had not been entered. I
know because I've seen some of them. Amazingly, that was one of the
very first Mars images taken using the 12" Orion back in August, and I
never got any decent seeing after it!

ChrisH

UK Astro Ads: http://www.UKAstroAds.co.uk
Old January 5th 04, 10:46 PM
Andy Dix

ChrisH wrote
snip
Amazingly, that was one of the very first Mars images taken using the
12" Orion back in August, and I never got any decent seeing after it!

Just watched the prog myself.
Top marks Chris. As the man said [paraphrasing=on] we live in a country
adversely affected by it's location![off]
Maybe we should vote in a government that will fit engines to the UK and
ship us all further south for better climate and better latitude! g

What kind of camera/processing did you use?

--
Regards
Andy

Old January 5th 04, 11:21 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Andy Dix
writes
ChrisH wrote
snip
Amazingly, that was one of the very first Mars images taken using the
12" Orion back in August, and I never got any decent seeing after it!

Just watched the prog myself.
Top marks Chris. As the man said [paraphrasing=on] we live in a country
adversely affected by it's location![off]
Maybe we should vote in a government that will fit engines to the UK and
ship us all further south for better climate and better latitude! g

Paul Jennings wrote an article on that theme entitled "The Unthinkable
Aircraft Carrier". Quite apart from the climatic benefits, the UK
ensures world peace because if anyone misbehaves, the order "full speed
ahead" will send tidal waves to drown our foes :-)
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10