You know you're getting old when

Old October 19th 05, 02:10 AM
Glenn Holliday

Default You know you're getting old when

.... your children can split doubles at lower magnifications
than you can.

But it's still fun observing with them :-)

--
Glenn Holliday
Old October 19th 05, 06:14 PM
Alexander Avtanski

Glenn Holliday wrote:
... your children can split doubles at lower magnifications
than you can.

.... or, when the view in a dirt-cheap EP looks the same to you as
the view in expensive one, because the worst part of the optic
is your eye, :-(

- Alex
Old October 22nd 05, 11:11 PM
Larry Stedman

It's too late in summer, too cold in the winter, and too often just a
few big clouds that keep you from observing...

"Why, when I was your age, I walked a mile with my scope, stood in 3
foot high drifts of snow, and stayed outside for hours with only a
sweater on observing Jupiter moon transits..."

Larry Stedman
Vestal
Old October 23rd 05, 12:11 AM
Mij Adyaw

I got you beat! When I was your age, I walked a mile carrying my 18 inch DOB
on my back and a F20 APO Refractor under my arm and observed all night
in -20 degree below zero weather wearing only a tee shirt! :-)

Old October 23rd 05, 12:48 AM

Mij Adyaw wrote:
I got you beat! When I was your age, I walked a mile carrying my 18 inch DOB
on my back and a F20 APO Refractor under my arm and observed all night
in -20 degree below zero weather wearing only a tee shirt! :-)

And of cours, the next morning they found a frozen replica of you.