Focal Reducer for a Refractor?

Old October 4th 04, 02:02 PM
RS

Default Focal Reducer for a Refractor?

How do I reduce the focal length on an ST80 refractor? I have seen
references to modified /reduced focal lengths for refractors on the
captions of some astrophotos. I use a reducer on my SCT. Is there a
refractor equivalent?

Thanks

Old October 4th 04, 07:19 PM
Stephen Paul

"RS" wrote in message
news
How do I reduce the focal length on an ST80 refractor? I have seen
references to modified /reduced focal lengths for refractors on the
captions of some astrophotos. I use a reducer on my SCT. Is there a
refractor equivalent?

This _might_ work:
http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_tafp.htm

But, you will need enough inward focuser travel.

Old October 5th 04, 04:52 AM
Matt

This _might_ work:
http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_tafp.htm

But, you will need enough inward focuser travel.

Is there any way of determining if you have enough inward travel?
Mine has 6" of travel and is a 900mm FL scope.

Old October 7th 04, 07:39 AM
Vinny Vin

focal reducers are avaiable for the better refractors but expensive. You

can make your own... but the issue of in-travel usually means you will
not getthe reduction you hopes for...