Why Not Use TSA Pat-Down Procedures for Stupid Drivers (There's MoreAutomobile Crashes)?

Old November 24th 10, 04:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
American

Default Why Not Use TSA Pat-Down Procedures for Stupid Drivers (There's MoreAutomobile Crashes)?

Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"
Old November 24th 10, 04:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
Alf Alienated

On Nov 24, 11:14*am, American wrote:
Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"

I feel safer since I heard wé will soon need a patdown just to board a
car
Old November 24th 10, 05:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
American

On Nov 24, 11:24*am, Alf Alienated wrote:
On Nov 24, 11:14*am, American wrote:

Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"

I feel safer since I heard wé will soon need a patdown just to board a
car

My whole point was, that it is the "crash" potential that should
justify the pat-down, not just an "arbitrary pat-down", in order to
convey the false perception that one is more safe when entering an
airplane, or even an automobile, for that matter.

American

"Their business is what's none of their business"
Old November 24th 10, 06:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
[email protected]

On Nov 24, 4:03*pm, HVAC wrote:
On 11/24/2010 8:14 AM, American wrote:

Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

I went through airport screening a couple of weeks ago.

After the scanner, they pulled me aside for further inspection.

I asked them why, and they told me they thought I was hiding
something in my groin area.....They were surprised to find out
it was all me when I whipped out my jimmy.

all drivers will be tested for illegal drug use before qualifying
for a drivers license.

every driver will be supplying hair and urine samples at the DSA
drivers safety authority.....

TSA should just have dog sniffying dogs walk by all flyers, sniffying
for explosives....

Old November 24th 10, 09:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
LSMFT

American wrote:
Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"

The 4th amendment apparently means NOTHING to Americans.

Isn't it easier and faster to just take your pants off and put them in
the tray instead of emptying your pockets and removing your belt?

Mandatory colonoscopies next year.

--
LSMFT

Old November 24th 10, 10:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
Robert Collins

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 04:45:39PM -0500, LSMFT wrote:
American wrote:
Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"

The 4th amendment apparently means NOTHING to Americans.

Isn't it easier and faster to just take your pants off and put them in
the tray instead of emptying your pockets and removing your belt?

Mandatory colonoscopies next year.

Before long, air travel will be just as it is portrayed in "The Filfth
Element". Travel anywhere, and you'll be unconscious for the duration.

On the bright side, if the plane goes down, you won't have time to be
frightened, vomit in the air-sick bag, or complain to the buxom
stewardess.

Robert Collins

Old November 24th 10, 10:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
[email protected]

On Nov 24, 2:05*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
" wrote:

... dog sniffying dogs ...

Uh, yeah, right...

*territory."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --G. Behn

obviously I meant explosive sniffing dogs my bad

colonscpies next year with butt plug securely installed till you
arrive at destination.

the pre colonscopy laxative prep will guarantee you dont have to go #2
in flight. as a matter of fact all passengers will be required to
remain seated till arrival.

the new locking safety belts wouldnt electronically unlock till your
at your destination......

airlines will no longer serve beverages and everyone will wear the
required diaper just in case.

the new TSA diaper fee of 20 bucks will be mandatory. after all its a
fed government diaper so 20 bucks will be cheap!!!
Old November 25th 10, 01:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy,alt.politics,sci.space.policy,alt.philosophy,alt.slack
[email protected]

On Nov 25, 12:14*am, American wrote:
Is it because airplane passenger surveillance becomes easier at
airports, and one's chances of being involved in an aircraft accident
are about 1 in 11 million? On the other hand, one's chances of being
killed in an automobile accident are 1 in 5000.

Thus it would seem that "Pat-Downs" are on the side of job convenience
more than job performance, and they are also unneccessary when it
comes to anything but intercontinental flights.

American

"They are living proof that empty heads and stuffed shirts go together"

Just another step of invasion of your privacy.

Dont worry, soon you will have to carry an implanted chip, which will
be be provided after you have been suitably screened as as 'approved
citizen'.

Read Stan Deyo's "Cosmic Conspiracy" written about 35 years ago.

BOfL