Time travel into the future

Old July 18th 07, 07:40 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
Hannu Poropudas

Default Time travel into the future

On Jul 16, 1:25 am, Sam Wormley wrote:
dkomo wrote:
Wouldn't it be fun to journey ahead 4,000,000 years and see what becomes
of the earth and the human race?

Actually, it is possible to do this without violating the laws of
physics. What one needs is what is known as a "relativistic rocket".
This is a ship that can accelerate at a constant one g indefinitely.
Such a ship will reach 0.9 times the speed of light in about 0.9 years.
As it gets closer and closer and closer to the speed of light, time on
board the ship, known as "proper time", slows drastically relative to
the outside world.

The details of such a journey are given he

The Relativistic Rocket
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...SR/rocket.html

As seen on the above page, such a ship could journey to the Andromeda
galaxy and return, a total distance of 4,000,000 light years, in only 56
years of shipboard time, which is within a single human lifetime. Once
it has gotten back to earth, 4,000,000 years will have passed.

Are you ignoring the extemely low probability of surviving such a trip?

Oops, sorry you got vaporized! There was a little grain of sand along
your path... came at you close (very close) to the speed of light,
so it was like a mountain hitting and vaporizing you... oh well nice
try.

And what about situation if your "imagined ship" travels so far into
the
future that God have not yet created that part of the Universe
ready ???

Maybe some impossibilities follows ?

This question is due one strange old memory picture of mine:

I have one poor memory picture about those old H-M's
drawings that I asked long time ago about existence of the future
of the Universe and I remember poorly that H-M explained then
that "future exists half".

I don't understand clearly what that could mean ?

I remember that I wrote in the net about this long time ago
but unfortunately it is impossible to find this for me now
[I checked that at least it was not mentioned in those three
summaries readme.all, readme.mid, readme.see
(ascii-texts, really type *.txt files, these were in my computer)
which can be read by DOS-command edit.]

Hannu

Old July 19th 07, 03:06 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.math,sci.bio.paleontology
Hannu Poropudas

dkomo wrote:
[...]

I remember one other strange matter about those old H-M's
drawings which could be related to this (I'am uncertain is
it related to this):

"One half of 'radiation periphery' is born during the 'year' of
the 'small companion planet' of the 'great neutrino star'
in center of the space and one half of 'radiation periphery'
borns during the next 'planet's year'."

So radiation peripheries are continuously born from this
'central structure' of the space.

I think that no proper model of the Universe cannot
be created if this 'central structure of the space'
is not taken into account !!!

I remember that I have mentioned this in some of my
old writings. I remember also that time flows differently
on the planet when comparing to our time flow here on
the Earth (this and how slow time flows is also mentioned
in some of my old writing, unfortunately I don't remember
surely the value: Is it half an hour flow of time
on the planet when it is an hour flow of time here
on the Earth ?).

I don't still clearly understand what these could mean
due it is so difficult to me to imagine these
old time explanations of H-M ?

Hannu

Old July 19th 07, 03:56 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Hannu Poropudas:

dkomo wrote:
Wouldn't it be fun to journey ahead 4,000,000 years
and see what becomes of the earth and the human
race?

Actually, it is possible to do this without violating
the laws of physics. What one needs is what is
known as a "relativistic rocket".

Are you ignoring the extemely low probability of
surviving such a trip?

Oops, sorry you got vaporized! There was a little
grain of sand along your path... came at you
close (very close) to the speed of light, so it was
like a mountain hitting and vaporizing you... oh
well nice try.

And what about situation if your "imagined ship"
travels so far into the future that God have not yet
created that part of the Universe ready ???

Then you could not enter it, since you are the stuff of the Universe.

Maybe some impossibilities follows ?

With your first sentence, yes.

This question is due one strange old memory
picture of mine:

I have one poor memory picture about those
old H-M's drawings that I asked long time ago
about existence of the future of the Universe
and I remember poorly that H-M explained then
that "future exists half".

I don't understand clearly what that could mean ?

Good question. What did it mean to you at the time?

I remember that I wrote in the net about this
long time ago but unfortunately it is impossible
to find this for me now [I checked that at least
it was not mentioned in those three summaries
readme.all, readme.mid, readme.see
(ascii-texts, really type *.txt files, these were in
my computer) which can be read by DOS-
command edit.]

I suspect that "The Langoliers" was derived from such a flight of
fancy as yours.

David A. Smith

Old July 20th 07, 02:58 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.physics.relativity,sci.astro,sci.math
Hannu Poropudas

dkomo wrote:
[...]

In the net there have been some problems due
my second posting appeared so late (copy below):

[...]

I checked from wikipedia and I found that your mentioned
"The Langoliers" is one part from Stephen King's book.

My writings about those old H-M's drawings are not fancy.
I hope that at least some of them could be verified
in the near future with real experiments of physics.

Hannu

Time Travel Back From The Future in The Darkl Matter Galactic Halo? Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 August 21st 06 04:51 AM
Vision of future air travel system featured at Virginia event Jacques van Oene News 0 May 27th 05 08:50 PM
No future for space travel Chris SETI 7 May 5th 05 07:09 PM
Future space travel Falcon06 Policy 2 April 2nd 04 05:03 AM
Does manned space travel have a future?: Debate in London 6th December Martin Earnshaw Policy 0 October 7th 03 09:20 PM