Should program manager be out of town during shuttle flight

Old July 3rd 03, 10:52 AM
Hallerb

Default Should program manager be out of town during shuttle flight

http://www.floridatoday.com/columbia...ory2A4795A.htm

At this point I dont understand how anyone can defend him. Blocked of time for
King holiday?? Yeah take your 3 day weekends during a flight.

He shouldnt be allowed to quit he should be FIRED, along with the other
responsible indivuiduals!
Old July 3rd 03, 09:13 PM
Brian Gaff

well the way launch dates move about and the way you book holidays nearly
always conspire to cause a clash. The question is, was the management system
robust enough to work in one key person's absence, I believe in the old
adage..

The cemeteries are full of people who were indispensable.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff....
Email:

"Hallerb" wrote in message

http://www.floridatoday.com/columbia...ory2A4795A.htm

| At this point I dont understand how anyone can defend him. Blocked of time
for
| King holiday?? Yeah take your 3 day weekends during a flight.
|
| He shouldnt be allowed to quit he should be FIRED, along with the other
| responsible indivuiduals!

---

Old July 3rd 03, 10:01 PM
Sam Seiber

Hallerb wrote:

http://www.floridatoday.com/columbia...ory2A4795A.htm

At this point I dont understand how anyone can defend him. Blocked of time for
King holiday?? Yeah take your 3 day weekends during a flight.

He shouldnt be allowed to quit he should be FIRED, along with the other
responsible indivuiduals!

So, we were something like a meeting or two away from a safe flight?
Just trying to understand the real problem.

Sam
Old July 4th 03, 03:09 AM
Bill Harris

Hallerb wrote:
At this point I dont understand how anyone can defend him.

I still can't understand how anyone can be as much an idiot as you are.
Bill Harris

Sci-Fi Quote of the month:
"We will never forgive and we will never forget." - Stilgar, "Dune"
Old July 4th 03, 04:35 AM
Michael R. Grabois ... change $ to \s\

On 3 Jul 2003 23:58:15 GMT, rk wrote:

Hallerb wrote:

http://www.floridatoday.com/columbia...ory2A4795A.htm

At this point I dont understand how anyone can defend him. Blocked
of time for King holiday?? Yeah take your 3 day weekends during a
flight.

He shouldnt be allowed to quit he should be FIRED, along with the
other responsible indivuiduals!

[snip]

Now, I have heard, multiple times, your repeated public calls for
execution. It seems that more facts are coming out now and perhaps more
facts will come out in the CAIB report.

We know you want to see them publicly flogged, put in the stockade in the
square, and then drawn and quartered on national television.

Can you give it a rest for a bit please? It's getting old and nothing you say
is going to do anything. We know how you feel.

Of course, since they are civil servants they can't be fired, but you shouldn't
let the facts get in the way of a rant....

Old July 4th 03, 04:55 AM
Hallerb

So, we were something like a meeting or two away from a safe flight?
Just trying to understand the real problem.

Gross disregard for flight rules calling for DAILY meetings.

Lack of common sense. When you only fly such a limited number of flights a year
the program manager should be on site for operations and not vacation during
flights or traveling to contractors.

Dittmore should be fired for stupidity. Its no wonder he annouced his
retirement so quickly after the accident. He knew this would all come out..

Old July 4th 03, 04:56 AM
Hallerb

I still can't understand how anyone can be as much an idiot as you are.
Bill Harris

Yeah kill the messenger. Tyical for people with their head in sand not wanting
to see the truth`
Old July 4th 03, 06:45 AM
Mike Speegle

In news:Hallerb typed:
I still can't understand how anyone can be as much an idiot as you
are.
Bill Harris

Yeah kill the messenger. Tyical for people with their head in sand
not wanting to see the truth`

No, we just have a better understanding of the reality of the
situation. Look Bob, you expect respect from us. You've been told many
times that your crappy use of English and your attrocious spelling
actually offend people here. Yet you show us no respect by your ongoing
butchery of our language. It would take so little time to write
properly. You disrespect us yet you expect respect because you want
more safety. You're a ****ing disgrace, Bob.
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 4th 03, 09:04 AM
Brian Gaff

"Mike Speegle" wrote in message
| In news:Hallerb typed:
| I still can't understand how anyone can be as much an idiot as you
| are.
| Bill Harris
|

| Yeah kill the messenger. Tyical for people with their head in sand
| not wanting to see the truth`
|
| No, we just have a better understanding of the reality of the
| situation. Look Bob, you expect respect from us. You've been told many
| times that your crappy use of English and your attrocious spelling
| actually offend people here. Yet you show us no respect by your ongoing
| butchery of our language. It would take so little time to write
| properly. You disrespect us yet you expect respect because you want
| more safety. You're a ****ing disgrace, Bob.
| --
| Mike
| __________________________________________________ ______
| "Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,
| Spend *lots* of money, Then leave as quickly as you can.
| Rec.Skiing.Alpine.Moderated is up and working! Join in!

I have a word for those who are more interested in the correct speelink and
gand mar than in the message itself, but as its not greatly appreciated,
i'll not use it.

Come on, stop being so pedantic.

Discuss the point, not the grammar. Some of us with no English
qualifications still have brains.

Well, sort of...

Brian

--