ASTRO: Jupiter animation 8-4-08

Old August 4th 08, 07:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Default ASTRO: Jupiter animation 8-4-08

Old August 5th 08, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod[_3_]

These have all been wonderful animations. Wow - how much time do you
invest in processing and creating them. Never-mind taking the images!
Thanks for sharing them very much - Rod

- ps - I have about 11 decent images taken in late July. But roughly
20-30 minutes apart. how many images went into your animation (appears
to be 4 about 15 minutes apart if I might quickly make an armchair quess)

Old August 5th 08, 01:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J.Warren

Thanks Rod,
This particular gif I did 5 minutes apart. 10 minutes usually works
pretty good though. Making gifs is new to me, so for now from the time I
shoot the first sequence till I have the images/gif finished, you are
looking at about 5 hours work for a 5 - 7 frame gif. The hard part is
getting the images lined up, as you can tell they are real exact. I can
generally have a single image finished, processed and ready to post from
about 25 minutes after I capture the sequence. Thanks again.

Joel

m...

Old August 5th 08, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
rod[_3_]

Thanks sir - I'm going to try that some night if this upper level low
and thunderstorms move out of the way 8). Yes, I suspected it takes a
LOT of time to produce these gifs. But you've inspired me to give it a
go. It will be a while before I post. - take care and good eve - Rod

J.Warren wrote:
Thanks Rod,
This particular gif I did 5 minutes apart. 10 minutes usually works
pretty good though. Making gifs is new to me, so for now from the time I
shoot the first sequence till I have the images/gif finished, you are
looking at about 5 hours work for a 5 - 7 frame gif. The hard part is
getting the images lined up, as you can tell they are real exact. I can
generally have a single image finished, processed and ready to post from
about 25 minutes after I capture the sequence. Thanks again.

Joel

m...