"Reflections on Columbia"

Old November 30th 03, 04:57 PM
Stuf4

Default "Reflections on Columbia"

Today I was searching for a photo of a US flag on the Moon, and
stumbled across this:

http://www.weirdload.com/columbia-rant.html

(I found it to be an interesting read, although there are key points
that I don't entirely agree with.)

~ CT
Old November 30th 03, 07:47 PM
Charleston

"Stuf4" wrote:

Today I was searching for a photo of a US flag on the Moon, and
stumbled across this:

http://www.weirdload.com/columbia-rant.html

(I found it to be an interesting read, although there are key points
that I don't entirely agree with.)

Yes it was an interesting read to me as well. Thanks. It is healthy to see
both sides of a story, that is the official version and the perceived
version. Then there is alway what really happened;-)

I just read the article on "Flying" in the December issue of National
Geographic. It honors the 100th anniversary of flight. It is a great read
with a set of "reflections" on the first 100 years of flight. At the same
time it looks forward to the next 100 years of flight and what that might
bring if we dare to dream. It was saddening in a way because we could have
been to Mars by now. Instead we are still flying around in LEO.

--

Daniel
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Old December 1st 03, 01:50 AM
Kim Keller

"Charleston" wrote in message
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Why include a web address that requires a user account for access? Seems
silly to me.

Old December 1st 03, 02:15 AM
Charleston

"Kim Keller" wrote:
"Charleston" wrote:

Why include a web address that requires a user account for access? Seems
silly to me.

Sorry, I got hit with almost 21 gigabytes of downloads in about two weeks.
Many of those downloads were repetitive just a few people. I am in the
process of changing to a new web host and will have a lot more bandwith
soon. I will monitor and deal with any future shenanigans but the past
month cost me $60.00. Sorry to be a little sour but I have not advertised
my site to the world, just here. I can see why most shuttle videos are
short snippets of poor quality.

Having said all that, I have reactivated the site right now so you can get
in and download everything. Hurry as I will be down for a while as I set-up
the new site with my new web host.

Old December 1st 03, 02:39 AM
Stuf4

From "Charleston":
snip
Yes it was an interesting read to me as well. Thanks. It is healthy to see
both sides of a story, that is the official version and the perceived
version. Then there is alway what really happened;-)

Roger that. One time when I was a witness to an aircraft mishap, I
was amazed to hear the grossly inaccurate stories that got spun around
the incident.

I just read the article on "Flying" in the December issue of National
Geographic. It honors the 100th anniversary of flight. It is a great read
with a set of "reflections" on the first 100 years of flight. At the same
time it looks forward to the next 100 years of flight and what that might
bring if we dare to dream. It was saddening in a way because we could have
been to Mars by now. Instead we are still flying around in LEO.

I happen to be ok with not making it to Mars yet. I'm just glad that
we didn't blow up the planet during all that sword rattling of the
Cold War.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the article. Here's NatGeo's online
teaser:
http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/...re1/index.html

Speaking of the "first 100 years of flight", I expect that the French
were celebrating the centennial of flight several years before the
Wright's ever took interest in building a flying machine!

http://www.challengerdisaster.info

I'd like to have a look at your website. I'm wondering how your
subscription price compares to National Geographics. Hee hee.

~ CT
Old December 1st 03, 02:41 AM
Charleston

"Stuf4" wrote:
From "Charleston":

http://www.challengerdisaster.info

I'd like to have a look at your website. I'm wondering how your
subscription price compares to National Geographics. Hee hee.

It is up and open right now but won't be for long.

Old December 1st 03, 03:08 AM
Stuf4

"Stuf4" wrote:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/...re1/index.html

Speaking of the "first 100 years of flight", I expect that the French
were celebrating the centennial of flight several years before the
Wright's ever took interest in building a flying machine!

NatGeo quote:
"When powered flight turns a hundred on December 17..."

I should also point out that centennial of _powered_ flight has passed
as well. National Geographic is overlooking the accomplishments of
Samuel Langley. Here's a rare map that shows the reported flight path
of his historic powered flights of 1896:

http://www.flyingmachines.org/langmap.html

....and a photo:

http://tinyurl.com/x5jw

~ CT
Old December 1st 03, 06:58 AM
OM

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 01:50:58 GMT, "Kim Keller"
wrote:

"Daniel 'John Maxson Is My Loving Molesting Father' Maxson" wrote
http://www.challengerdisaster.info

Why include a web address that requires a user account for access? Seems
silly to me.

....Typical Maxson bull****. More evidence why the entire family shrub
needs to be retroactively pruned.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 1st 03, 11:13 PM
Craig Fink

Stuf4 wrote:

"Stuf4" wrote:

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/...re1/index.html

Speaking of the "first 100 years of flight", I expect that the French
were celebrating the centennial of flight several years before the
Wright's ever took interest in building a flying machine!

NatGeo quote:
"When powered flight turns a hundred on December 17..."

I should also point out that centennial of _powered_ flight has passed
as well. National Geographic is overlooking the accomplishments of
Samuel Langley. Here's a rare map that shows the reported flight path
of his historic powered flights of 1896:

http://www.flyingmachines.org/langmap.html

...and a photo:

http://tinyurl.com/x5jw

Looks to me Langley was going no where fast, just flying in circles.

Craig Fink