Telescopes Telescopes...

Old April 13th 04, 03:50 AM
Greg Crinklaw

Default Telescopes Telescopes...

Greg Crinklaw wrote

Oops, forgot the Tasco! And they say you never forget your first.

--
Greg Crinklaw
Astronomical Software Developer

SkyTools Software for the Observer:
http://www.skyhound.com/cs.html

Skyhound Observing Pages:
http://www.skyhound.com/sh/skyhound.html

To reply remove spleen

Old April 13th 04, 05:32 AM
starman

Jon Isaacs wrote:

I had to add 5 pounds to the back end to balance this puppy, so I'm trying
to avoid losing weight. A few holes don't weigh much g.

When I replaced the particle board mirror cell in my 12.5 incher with a UO
cell, the scope lost nearly 10 lbs. I was pretty happy.

Did you use the original mounting pads on the UO cell or remove them and
install your own? I have their 10-inch cell which comes with 9-pads
located in three radial groups spaced at 120-deg. When I place the
mirror on the cell, some of the pads don't touch the mirror back. That's
why I'm thinking about installing my own pads. I think three pads should
be enough for a 1.375" thick 10" mirror but six would probably be
better. However I can't seem to get the 'Plop' program to give me a
definitive answer on this.