amateur astronomy ham radio net on 5/5/10 at 03:00UT

Old May 4th 10, 03:06 AM posted to sci.astro
Michael Koppelman

Default amateur astronomy ham radio net on 5/5/10 at 03:00UT

Are you an amateur radio operator (aka ham)? Are you familiar with
EchoLink? And/or are you in the Minneapolis area? We are having our
first ever amateur astronomy ham radio net on 5/5/10 at 03:00UT. The
late time is so we can accommodate people from Hawaii to New York.

To join connect to EchoLink node 354708 (WD9GNJ) or tune in to 147.030
MHz (PL Tone 114.8) in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are expecting most
participation via EchoLink. If you haven't used EchoLink before, you
have a few days to get up to speed. More info is he

http://www.echolink.org/

Confirmed for the net are myself (KD0GQX), Kate Hutton (KD6HTN) and
Jim Bedient (KH6A). We are hoping others will join us!

Feel free to email me privately if you need assistance with or want to
test EchoLink. Please spread the word to your other astronomy/radio
friends.

Cheers,
Michael Koppelman
KD0GQX