Interview with Story Musgrave, Space Shuttle Astronaut (Air&SpaceMag)

Old July 30th 10, 04:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,alt.religion,sci.physics
Frank Robertson

Default Interview with Story Musgrave, Space Shuttle Astronaut (Air&SpaceMag)

On Jul 27, 5:35*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
On 7/26/2010 9:55 PM, G. L. Bradford wrote:

You say "totalitarian." Well, the USSR DID upstage us because a
DICTATORSHIP can commandeer public funds at will, without public
support. I've heard the USSR spent up to 90% of its GNP on defense
(one reason they were non-competitive, in the long run, in the attempt
at the moon).

Although it probably wasn't that bad, it certainly was a lot higher
proportion of USSR GDP than the US - which is spectacular enough; right
around 24% currently.
As Hitler figured out, you can blow your economy right through the roof
be throwing vast amounts of money at "National Defense", as it's
constantly getting obsolete and needs updating...and your populace will
be far more ready to save their nation by building the world's best
fighter plane than spending billions to come up with a way to save five
MPG in average car gas consumption...even though that would save them
more money in a personal sense in the long run.

Pat

I appreciate your common interests with me, even though refeneces to
the USSR as "not being that bad" and implying the US (Though not so
direclty implicating the USSR) is like Hitler when it dares have a
military, are marks of a typically misinformed or head-in-the-sand
liberal. It does not matter how much bad facts about America's enemies
are exposed...liberals are sure the problem is AMERICA and
conservative thinking is always labelled as HItleresque! nothing could
be further rfrorm the truth,. But we probably agreeon space.
Old August 3rd 10, 02:58 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,alt.religion,sci.physics
Frank Robertson

On Jul 29, 11:00*pm, Frank Robertson wrote:
[...]

be further rfrorm the truth,. But we probably agreeon space.- Hide quoted text -

I have to reply again to Pat, here. I ahve to APOLLOgize for getting
personal, and calling you something or other. You are too polite to do
that, which is unusual on the internet. Sorry about that, I'll try to
refrain from being personal with you, do to your good manners.

But the "trick" in CIVILly conducted debate or argument, is: Call what
the opponents BELIEVES, and possibly call his or her FELLOWS (as well,
of course, call leaders he follows) every name in the book. But don't
call HIM anything, personally!

SO, you do not say *I* am Hitleressque, etc.; only what I BELIEVE and
the people whose views I AGREE WITH are Hitleresque!

So, I'll try to return the favor! LIBERALS, and their leaders such as
President O-BOMB-US, are Hitleresque, false accusers, and have the
wrong enemies as their number one enemies - hating America and
Republicans more than they hate, or put up gaurd against, the Saddam
Husseins, Stalins, Taliban, al Qaeda, Castro, Chavezes, and the
Iranian, North Korean and other brutally oppressive, aggressive and
dangerous regimes. LIBERALS have it all upside down!

But I'm not calling YOU anything, Pat! Thanks for not getting personal
with me, also. semi-smile.
Old August 5th 10, 06:40 AM posted to sci.space.policy,alt.politics,alt.religion,sci.physics,alt.community
Day Brown[_4_]

On 08/02/2010 08:58 PM, Frank Robertson wrote:
So, I'll try to return the favor! LIBERALS, and their leaders such as
President O-BOMB-US, are Hitleresque, false accusers, and have the
wrong enemies as their number one enemies - hating America and
Republicans more than they hate, or put up gaurd against, the Saddam
Husseins, Stalins, Taliban, al Qaeda, Castro, Chavezes, and the
Iranian, North Korean and other brutally oppressive, aggressive and
dangerous regimes. LIBERALS have it all upside down!

The Liberals are not organized enuf to do this. Whatever Hitler's
faults, the Nazis were notoriously organized.