Knot theory as pivotal in telling us how gravity works and the overallgeometry of the Cosmos

Old March 24th 05, 08:00 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default Knot theory as pivotal in telling us how gravity works and the overallgeometry of the Cosmos

This is the title of my File 025 "Knot theory as the math helper for the
internal structure of physics particles such as photons, electrons and
to tell the geometry of the overall Cosmos" on my website:
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

The last time I seemed to dig into this subject was 1999 but it was
recently on my mind due to getting Spring planting underway with curled
up garden hoses and curled up electrical cords and curled up ropes and
strings.

I ran an experiment several weeks ago with putting the electrical cord
around the inside of the building so that there was as few loops as
possible. In other words to storage the cord as one long straight line.

I believe knots occur because whenever a cord or rope or string is wound
in a circle then it is 95% or greater of becoming a knot. In other
words, a knot is a "virtual circle". So that when one storages anything
that is wound is almost guaranteed to have a knot or many knots when
attempting to straighten.

Now I tried a trick on some rope which seems to have worked. It is long
string and so I gave it 4 wounds and then I purposely tied a knot into
the middle of it. So when I come to use it again, I expect it to
straighten quickly without extra knots.

So I wonder if mathematicians have figured out how to storage cord or
rope with several winds such that when they straighten it there will be
no knots or the fewest knots. This is a nice mathematical problem.

But my interest in Knot theory is for what it may tell me about the
geometry of the Cosmos. Plus how gravity as a force works.

Example: If the Cosmos was a Euclidean geometry then there would be a
overall tendency to become wound into knots than if the geometry was
overall Riemannian. So if the Cosmos were Euclidean then when I pull out
electrical cord that is wound a few turns should straighten very quickly
and easily. If the Cosmos were Riemannian then knots abound and anything
wound would have a high frequency of knot formations. If the Cosmos were
Lobachevskian then knots would almost unwind themselves automatically
and difficult to even get a knot from a wound cord or string.

Example as to Gravity Force. In my Unification of the Forces of Physics
only the Coulomb stands alone and all the other forces pair together to
form a Coulomb Force for a particular region of the atom and the entire
Cosmos is one atom of 231Pu. So the Strong Force pairs with the Weak
Force to make a Nuclear region Coulomb force. That leaves the Electron
Space unaccounted for where gravity exists. Gravity is just the Coulomb
force of Electron Space and its paired partner is Antigravity.

So, now, let me combine Knot theory with Gravity. The motion of planets,
of stars and of galaxies is due to gravity which is a pull of masses.
But, now, we can replace the idea that mass bends space and pulls other
masses towards it. IN this vision of Gravity is that Space is electron
space which is Riemannian geometry and so a thing of mass wants to
travel in a straight line but because Space is Electron-Space it is
already highly curved. Take a look at any electron orbital and they are
all Riemannian highly curved spaces. So the Sun and its planets are
pieces of the electron dot cloud. They are pieces of the electrons of
the 5f6 and they are moving in that electron orbital of Riemannian
geometry. And there is no straighten out of the motions of pieces of the
electrons. The fact that EArth revolves around the Sun is not because
the mass of Sun pulls EArth towards it, but because the Sun and EArth
are a tiny part of the 6 electrons of the 5f6 and those electrons bend
space into Riemannian curvature. Motion in Riemannian geometry is knots.

Every time the Earth makes a revolution around the Sun is not because of
a force of Gravity that pulls planet to star but because planet and star
are a part of a electron which has bent space.

So Knot theory is a practical observation test of the overall geometry
of the Universe and it can tell us the inner workings of the Force of
Gravity. Plus, as I mentioned in 1999, that Knot theory can tell us much
about particle physics because in a sense, a knot is a particle.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Old March 24th 05, 10:49 AM
bz

Archimedes Plutonium wrote in
:

I ran an experiment several weeks ago with putting the electrical cord
around the inside of the building so that there was as few loops as
possible. In other words to storage the cord as one long straight line.

Someone showed me a trick with a cord to store it without knots.

start in the middle, walk away from the ends.
you now have a big inverted 'U'.
allow the U to close. take the 'loop' in one hand.
pass it around and through the doubled lines, making a knot with a loop on
one side and the long tails of the U on the other.

Reach THROUGH the loop and grab the tails near the knot and pull a new loop
through the loop. reach through this loop and repeat. NOTE: you never pull
the ENDS of the tails through any loop as that would make knots.

You end up with a 'chain of loops' that can be stored without tangling.

When you want to use the extension cord, you just pull the ends out of as
many loops as are needed.

--
bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Old March 24th 05, 05:50 PM
Giuseppe Bilotta

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:49:52 +0000 (UTC), bz wrote:

Someone showed me a trick with a cord to store it without knots.

start in the middle, walk away from the ends.
you now have a big inverted 'U'.
allow the U to close. take the 'loop' in one hand.
pass it around and through the doubled lines, making a knot with a loop on
one side and the long tails of the U on the other.

Reach THROUGH the loop and grab the tails near the knot and pull a new loop
through the loop. reach through this loop and repeat. NOTE: you never pull
the ENDS of the tails through any loop as that would make knots.

You end up with a 'chain of loops' that can be stored without tangling.

Cool! Are there pictures online of this process? I'm not sure I followed it
precisely

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"I weep for our generation" -- Charlie Brown
Old March 24th 05, 06:44 PM
bz

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote in
:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:49:52 +0000 (UTC), bz wrote:

Someone showed me a trick with a cord to store it without knots.

start in the middle, walk away from the ends.
you now have a big inverted 'U'.
allow the U to close. take the 'loop' in one hand.
pass it around and through the doubled lines, making a knot with a loop
on one side and the long tails of the U on the other.

Reach THROUGH the loop and grab the tails near the knot and pull a new
loop through the loop. reach through this loop and repeat. NOTE: you
never pull the ENDS of the tails through any loop as that would make
knots.

You end up with a 'chain of loops' that can be stored without tangling.

Cool! Are there pictures online of this process? I'm not sure I followed
it precisely

Knot yet!

I guess I should make some and post them on my web site. Maybe someone else
has done it already. It makes a 100 ft extension cord 'easy' to handle and
keep untangled'

Well, I guess I been knotty, cause you asked and here is a short cord that
has been looped as per the instructions. (except I didn't quite start in the
exact center, so the ends aren't both in the picture.

http://chemistry.lsu.edu/bz/snap0103.jpg

Does that help?

Old March 24th 05, 09:33 PM
Giuseppe Bilotta

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:44:41 +0000 (UTC), bz wrote:

Knot yet!

I guess I should make some and post them on my web site. Maybe someone else
has done it already. It makes a 100 ft extension cord 'easy' to handle and
keep untangled'

Well, I guess I been knotty, cause you asked and here is a short cord that
has been looped as per the instructions. (except I didn't quite start in the
exact center, so the ends aren't both in the picture.

http://chemistry.lsu.edu/bz/snap0103.jpg

Thanks. At least now I know how it looks

Yes, I was looking for such a site myself, but knot knowing the kname of
the knot doesn't help

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

"E la storia dell'umanità, babbo?"
"Ma niente: prima si fanno delle cazzate,
poi si studia che cazzate si sono fatte"
(Altan)
("And what about the history of the human race, dad?"
"Oh, nothing special: first they make some foolish things,
then you study what foolish things have been made")
Old March 25th 05, 03:13 AM
Dave Reckoning

"bz" wrote in message
98.139...
[...]

I was a stage hand for a long time and wound hundreds of miles of microphone
cable using the "Over/Under" method described at: http://tinyurl.com/6ujyf
This works great as it puts alternating twists into the cable that cancel
each other out without making any kinks or sharp bends in the cable. Works
great, that is unless you pull from the wrong end when you take it out
again, in which case you get a nice string of knots.

Dave Reckoning
Noblesville IN

Old March 25th 05, 09:23 PM
Schoenfeld

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
This is the title of my File 025 "Knot theory as the math helper for

the
internal structure of physics particles such as photons, electrons

and
to tell the geometry of the overall Cosmos" on my website:
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

The last time I seemed to dig into this subject was 1999 but it was

What two knots are homeomorphic?

Old March 25th 05, 09:44 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Schoenfeld wrote:

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
This is the title of my File 025 "Knot theory as the math helper for

the
internal structure of physics particles such as photons, electrons

and
to tell the geometry of the overall Cosmos" on my website:
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

The last time I seemed to dig into this subject was 1999 but it was

What two knots are homeomorphic?

I am everywhere in almost all important issues of science, from
superconductivity to human cloning. From unification of physics forces to
what is religion. From solving what created humans out of primates--
Stonethrowing theory to how the Solar System was formed.

I spent much time on many proofs in mathematics from Poincare Conjecture
to Riemann Hypothesis, from 4 Color Mapping to FLT.

Much of this is on my website;

www.iw.net/~a_plutonium

And you expect me to have some minute trivial detail at the tip of my
finger. Some detail that required most of your career in thinking and you
expect me to answer at the flip of a post.

So let me ask you a question. Prove that a long string or long electrical
cord layed out straight in a long line. We want to storage it in a tight
corner so that we can just throw it in there and when we want to use it
again just grab it out and lay it long and untie the knot in its center
and that will be the only knot found in this stored rope or cord.

STorage Knot: lay the rope in a straight line. GRab one end and lay it
against the other end forming 1 loop. Fold again so the hand now has the
two ends and the 1st loop. Keep doing that until the rope is of a nice
storeable length. Now take the end which has the two ends and fold it
into the center of the length and use the ends to tie a knot in the
center. Finished.

Throw the rope into the storage space. When we want to use it, pull it
out, stomp on it, throw it around. Even try to tangle it.

But it will not knot any further than the single knot in the center
because the loops cannot form a knot.

So, Schoenfeld, can you prove that the above is the "most simple" means
of storing a rope or cord and never gain a second knot?

CAn you prove that? Perhaps that is what your question of homeomorphic is
all about. But I do not have the time for details, that is what
mathematics professors are paid to do.