Screw this noise

Old October 5th 09, 05:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Screw this noise

Alan Erskine wrote:
Power supply failure - not worth having it repaired, so I bought a

(much) better computer.

Let me get this straight... this was posted to _five_ different
newsgroups, and has nothing to do with space technology whatsoever...
but sails right on through on sci.space.tech.
My Chang-Diaz VASIMR posting earns me a warning about sending a link
with no commentary on it...which _does_ directly involve the _two_
newsgroups it was posted to: sci.space.policy, and sci.space.tech.
The original rules on the reborn sci.space.tech stated that postings
were limited to cross-posting to two other newsgroups, and if that was
done it must be of direct relevance to space technology.
This met neither of those criteria.
Sorry guys, that ain't going nowhere at all.
You are going bye-bye.

Pat
Old October 5th 09, 05:50 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

Pat Flannery wrote:
Alan Erskine wrote:
Power supply failure - not worth having it repaired, so I bought a

(much) better computer.

Let me get this straight... this was posted to _five_ different
newsgroups, and has nothing to do with space technology whatsoever...
but sails right on through on sci.space.tech.
My Chang-Diaz VASIMR posting earns me a warning about sending a link
with no commentary on it...which _does_ directly involve the _two_
newsgroups it was posted to: sci.space.policy, and sci.space.tech.
The original rules on the reborn sci.space.tech stated that postings
were limited to cross-posting to two other newsgroups, and if that was
done it must be of direct relevance to space technology.
This met neither of those criteria.
Sorry guys, that ain't going nowhere at all.
You are going bye-bye.

You need to use the super special sci.star.trekkie password
simultaneously with the super secret sci.star.trek handsign.

The guys over at alt.galaxy.quest can help you out with that.

Pat

Old October 5th 09, 11:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)[_431_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Let me get this straight... this was posted to _five_ different
newsgroups, and has nothing to do with space technology whatsoever... but
sails right on through on sci.space.tech.

As I've pointed out to Pat privately, if this did in effect occur, it was
not by any means intentional.

We are looking into what happened. It looks like it may have been either a
glitch in the robo-moderation portion or it may be a function of Pat's NNTP
server.

Pat

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old October 6th 09, 02:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy
jonathan[_6_]

Alan Erskine wrote:
Power supply failure - not worth having it repaired, so I bought a

(much) better computer.

Let me get this straight... this was posted to _five_ different newsgroups,
and has nothing to do with space technology whatsoever... but sails right on
through on sci.space.tech.

An "I'm back" post is on topic to any regular of an ng.
Just as a "I'm leaving for awhile" post is on topic. too.

It is poor form to post to more than 4 ng's a time, and
to cross post to moderated ng's, but having taken a look
at the traffic at that moderated ng, looks like they could
use all the posters they can get.

My Chang-Diaz VASIMR posting earns me a warning about sending a link with no
commentary on it.

Well I never post a link without some commentary, or better yet
an appropriate quote so the reader can decide whether to click
or not. It's only common courtesy.

..which _does_ directly involve the _two_ newsgroups it was posted to:
sci.space.policy, and sci.space.tech.
The original rules on the reborn sci.space.tech stated that postings were
limited to cross-posting to two other newsgroups, and if that was done it must
be of direct relevance to space technology.
This met neither of those criteria.
Sorry guys, that ain't going nowhere at all.
You are going bye-bye.

The choice is pretty much between ng's with no rules, but lots of
traffic, and ng's with too many rules and no traffic. I don't see any
'in between' out there. Maybe you need to adapt to the ng's
instead of expecting everyone to adapt to..you.

Jonathan

Pat