futher (new) SERIOUS problems for the Ares-1

Old November 17th 07, 10:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
gaetanomarano

Location: Italy
Default futher (new) SERIOUS problems for the Ares-1

..

just added FOUR new UPDATES to my "Ares-1 can't fly" article:

http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/012arescantfly.html

- latest news about a possible Ares-1 (dangerous) oscillation problem
and the first manned Orion launch slip to June 2016

- old (but largely unknow) NASA press release about a possible in-
flight stability problem (that must be solved)

- the lack of "safe lift-off abort mode" for (both) the 4-segments and
the 5-segments SRB Ares-1 1st stage

- read why ALSO the Ares-5 can't fly (especially with the heavier 5-
segments SRBs) nor leave the launch pad

..
Old November 17th 07, 10:35 PM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

gaetanomarano wrote:
.

just added FOUR new UPDATES to my "Ares-1 can't fly" article:

http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/012arescantfly.html

- latest news about a possible Ares-1 (dangerous) oscillation problem
and the first manned Orion launch slip to June 2016

- old (but largely unknow) NASA press release about a possible in-
flight stability problem (that must be solved)

- the lack of "safe lift-off abort mode" for (both) the 4-segments and
the 5-segments SRB Ares-1 1st stage

- read why ALSO the Ares-5 can't fly (especially with the heavier 5-
segments SRBs) nor leave the launch pad

And of course, don't forget, you heard it on GhostNASA first.
Old November 17th 07, 10:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
gaetanomarano

Location: Italy

On 17 Nov, 22:35, kT wrote:

And of course, don't forget, you heard it on GhostNASA first.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

no

I've said it first 15 MONTHS AGO in this article:
http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/011srb5.html

..

Old November 18th 07, 12:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

gaetanomarano wrote:

On 17 Nov, 22:35, kT wrote:
And of course, don't forget, you heard it on GhostNASA first.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -

no

I've said it first 15 MONTHS AGO in this article:
http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/011srb5.html

Ok, you heard *it* from Geronimo first.
Old November 18th 07, 01:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 17, 1:29 pm, gaetanomarano wrote:
.

just added FOUR new UPDATES to my "Ares-1 can't fly" article:

http://www.ghostnasa.com/posts/012arescantfly.html

- latest news about a possible Ares-1 (dangerous) oscillation problem
and the first manned Orion launch slip to June 2016

- old (but largely unknow) NASA press release about a possible in-
flight stability problem (that must be solved)

- the lack of "safe lift-off abort mode" for (both) the 4-segments and
the 5-segments SRB Ares-1 1st stage

- read why ALSO the Ares-5 can't fly (especially with the heavier 5-
segments SRBs) nor leave the launch pad

You know darn good and well, they're just going to strap on as many
extra first stage SRBs as it's going to take. They should be able to
add on as many as 8 extra of the small diameter SRBs, and otherwise
using at least 4 of those monster shuttle class SRBs.

Therefore, most any tonnage of payload should be capable of getting
itself to the ISS, that's only in a somewhat mid to lower LEO, which
to speak of isn't actually all that far.

BTW, I think I had been ranting about the very same thing, except a
little before your posting, as I'd already stipulated their need of
using a 42:1 ratio of GLOW rocket per payload, especially if there's
any need of having a little something in reserve.

The problem is at least partly in the amount of inert GLOW, and of the
stage by stage inert mass that's not exactly insignificant.
--
Brad Guth
Old November 18th 07, 01:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

BradGuth wrote:
[...]

That's a lotta burnt toast.
Old November 18th 07, 05:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Nov 17, 4:53 pm, kT wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
[...]

And one hell of a lot of SRB terrestrial pollution to boot, especially
once including the tens of thousands of combined commuting hours
within all of those nifty Hummers that get all of 10 empg on a good
day, plus add in the before, during and after ground support worth of
birth-to-grave infrastructure that's sucking down mostly fossil energy
like there's no tomorrow.

Not that a stack of SRBs can accomplish the task, simply that it's too
bad those fully reusable LRBs of h2o2+whatever fossil/sysfuel can't
ever be utilized as the first and second stage alternatives, along
with a third reusable stage of clean LH2/LOx.
--
Brad Guth