Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

Old November 13th 07, 09:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

NASA must cooperate with the Department of Defense in the United States.
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, Section
305à (i):
"The National Aeronautics and Space Administration shall be considered
a Defense Agency of the United States for the purpose of Chapter 17,
Title 35 of the United States code"

Ken Johnston at:
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NPC-Russia.htm
I do not want any discussion about the slides there. I regard em as the
result of a bad adjusted copy device.

But this law statement surprised me. Is it still actual? If so NASA PAO
did a good job 40 years to present it as research agency.

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##
Old November 13th 07, 11:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Allen Thomson

Which has to do with patents. See http://controls.ame.nd.edu/mpep6/usc/ch_17_toc.html

Old November 13th 07, 11:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 13 Nov 2007 22:55:00 +0200, in a place far, far away,
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

NASA must cooperate with the Department of Defense in the United States.
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, Section
305à (i):
"The National Aeronautics and Space Administration shall be considered
a Defense Agency of the United States for the purpose of Chapter 17,
Title 35 of the United States code"

Ken Johnston at:
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NPC-Russia.htm
I do not want any discussion about the slides there. I regard em as the
result of a bad adjusted copy device.

But this law statement surprised me. Is it still actual? If so NASA PAO
did a good job 40 years to present it as research agency.

There is no agency in the US that is allowed to not cooperate with the
Departement of Defense, if necessary. Your question is idiotic.
Old November 14th 07, 01:02 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

Your sentence structure is idiotic.
Old November 14th 07, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
[...]

But the question is valid. It's becoming clearer every
day that the Vision was created to fill the needs of our
military in terms of the missile defense plans they have
for the future.

Is it any wonder NASA has floundered for reasons to
go back. They can't say the truth.

You know I'm right. Just when NASA is becoming free
to chart a new future for itself, along comes Lockheed
and the military and ...POOF...goes any chance
for a /meaningful/ future for NASA and space flight.

At least for the next forty or fifty years or so. History
is repeating itself, not Apollo, but another couple
of generations of a NASA goal that primarily serves
the military industrial complex.

That has to change and soon. Global warming and
fossil fuel issues can't wait that long. Can't wait
at all.

I'm betting a $100 a barrel by Christmas.

Wasn't is just eighty the other month? Does it
register to anyone that's almost a 25% increase
in a couple of months?

Now.....extrapolate that out forty years.

And extrapolate all the money of the west free-flowing
to the Middle East so fast the jihadists will
go nuts trying to figure out how to spend
it all.

I wonder how they'll spend it???

Jonathan

Old November 14th 07, 02:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
rhw007

On Nov 13, 8:19 pm, "Jonathan" wrote:
[...]

s- Hide quoted text -

For anyone in DOUBT about the MILITARY involvement in NASA...and NOT
just about 'defense' applications should read:

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/pao/FOIA/exempt.html

This is the section of of FOIA act I filed when I was a Professor at
Clinton Community College and I had the WRITTEN permission from teh
College President to file this FOIA....I was asking if this section
had been applied to ANy target OTHER THAN EARTH...i.e. if NASA was
taking images of Earth at hi resolution then that data 'might' be
construed to be 'militarily' sensitive...but... if there
is...according to the government and mainstream...'nothing' out
there....why would NASA HIDE or OBSCURE data say from the Moon, Mars
or other Solar System bodies???

To see what happened ... see here :

http://commonsensecentral.net/csc_20...n_promises.htm

Why is NASA so scared about FOIA of "Non-Earth targets"????

Bob...

Old November 14th 07, 03:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:36:23 -0800, in a place far, far away, rhw007
[...]

Only to morons.

You know I'm right.

No, all we know is that you are a moron.
Old November 14th 07, 04:14 AM posted to sci.space.policy
kT

Rand Simberg wrote:

Only to morons.

You know I'm right.

No, all we know is that you are a moron.

Such persuasive argument. Is your BLOG conversation this astute as well?
Old November 14th 07, 04:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

[...]

Of course you seem to have ignored the second paragraph.

But as someone else pointed out, this appears to refer to patent
applications.

--
Greg Moore
SQL Server DBA Consulting Remote and Onsite available!

Old November 15th 07, 03:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jonathan

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message

But the question is valid. It's becoming clearer every
day that the Vision was created to fill the needs of our
military in terms of the missile defense plans they have
for the future.

Only to morons.

You know I'm right.

No, all we know is that you are a moron.

Are you going to say I smell bad too?

My point is simply that the Vision is little different
from Apollo in the sense of a new military race.
Apollo was with the Soviets, and now it's China.

Are you saying the cold war with the Soviets was NOT
a military race? Are you saying George Bush, and his
$1.5 TRILLION of new spending on all things war-like, is
not suffering from a case of 'military madness'?

What denial ridden world are you living in???