Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

Old November 4th 07, 11:18 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on Space Exploration

Brian Thorn wrote:

:On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 08:12:54 -0700, "Mark R. Whittington"
wrote:
:
:Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of
:great interest to people involved in making and debating space policy
:were the three bullets concerning the space program. To be brief and
:to the point, Hillary's agenda would be terrible news for anyone who
:supports space exploration and space commerce.
:
:http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._on_space.html
:
:Well, it didn't take a press release to figure this one out, or
:Nostradamus to see it coming...
:
:Under H. Clinton, Orion would be limited to ISS support only. Possible
:scrapping of Ares entirely in favor of EELV launch. The 2015 ISS
:withdrawal date will be rescinded, but she won't offer much to
:improve/expand ISS for the outyears, either. We'd never see Ares V get
:started in her administration. NASA budget will be flatline, at best,
:but very likely cut every year except election years, just as her
:husband did.
:

I'd expect it'll be worse than that. Orion will be cancelled as well.
The 2015 ISS withdrawal date will stand. The money will be diverted
to NEO science satellites. NASA scientific output will be more
controlled than even under Bush, but in the opposite direction.
Planetary science for the outer planets will be cut as well, once
again demonstrating that when funding is taken from manned space the
planetary folks suffer as well.

Commercial space, particularly commercial manned space, is dead.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old November 5th 07, 01:23 AM posted to sci.space.policy
American

On Nov 3, 11:30 pm, BradGuth wrote:

:: When the Drafted the Constitution and the Declaration of
:: Independance....sadly it went downhill all too shortly, now we are
on
:: a powered out-of-control descent.

:: Bob....

Must the "body politic" always mandate policies in terms
of their having some Federal Reserve Note bankrolled
reception followed by photo reception in the national
news media? If those trapped in their own box of self-
induced quandry are able-bodied enough to crank out their
own it-from-bit in a war between quantum encrypted dark
matters of state rather than matters of gold standard,
then have not we already reached the stage in our evolu-
tion where binding QCD force on quarks need to be taken
out of the way, and through the harmony associated with
the 1:1 exchange, the forces of light meet simultaneously
with the forces of darkness? Let's face it, the
Constitution was not written until AFTER cultural ties
with England were severed in usurpation of the tax system,
in the move west towards our "promised land". Every species
that stayed behind or was prevented (by their own country)
from immigrating to this new "promised land" is now
utilizing the same advantage that any paper money system
portends to offer (e.g., EURO), in addition to electronic
banking in a worldwide cashless society.

The species of this system of exchange has now reached its
nemesis in light of the unwavering standard: Zero time for
all "owners" without regard to any medium of exchange.
The transnationalist west has successfully sublimated all
of its promise market potential by *exporting* culture rather
than *revolutionizing* it. There are really no test markets
for anything that's already been invented, so the transna-
tionalists must build a FALSE CULTURAL BRIDGE by
"imagineering" success rather than engineering it. Fantastic
pictures, diagrams, charts, and word salads only serve as
blathering rants than real substance. Thus we expose the
chaos of the left's indifference to the light of truth.

American

"No more of talk where God or angel guest
With man, as with his friend, familiar used
to sit indulgent, and with him partake
Rural repast, permitting him the while
Venial discourse unblamed"

- Paradise Lost, Book IX, John Milton

"Perpetual Motion - The History of an Obsession"
- Arthur W.J.G. Ord-Hume

Old November 6th 07, 11:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Jonathan

Default Hillary Clinton Declares War on....I TOLD YOU!

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote in message
oups.com...
Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of
great interest to people involved in making and debating space policy
were the three bullets concerning the space program. To be brief and
to the point, Hillary's agenda would be terrible news for anyone who
supports space exploration and space commerce.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._on_space.html

What have I been telling you folks for a couple of years now?

"We just lost the moon"

That famous line from the movie we've all seen eleven times...
is no doubt echoing through the halls of NASA today.

The minute Bush leaves office the "Vision" will be erased from
official documents and memories like a good 'ol Stalinist purge.

Just like Space Solar Power seemed to dissappear almost
overnight once someone told Bush there's this govt agency
called NASA wanting to replace Texas crude with
solar power.

Old November 7th 07, 12:58 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
BradGuth

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote in ooglegroups.com... Recently, Senator Hillary Clinton revealed her science agenda. Of

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._clinton_decla...

What have I been telling you folks for a couple of years now?

"We just lost the moon"

That famous line from the movie we've all seen eleven times...
is no doubt echoing through the halls of NASA today.

The minute Bush leaves office the "Vision" will be erased from
official documents and memories like a good 'ol Stalinist purge.

Just like Space Solar Power seemed to dissappear almost
overnight once someone told Bush there's this govt agency
called NASA wanting to replace Texas crude with
solar power.

And here we'd thought their Rabbi Hitler was dead and gone. Go figure
that his Zion mutated DNA ended up in Texas.

What we need is a new and improved warlord that'll kick all sort of
butt before China/India takes full ownership of our moon, and
especially of the moon's L1.
- Brad Guth -

Old November 8th 07, 12:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Revision

"Jonathan"
Just like Space Solar Power seemed to dissappear almost
overnight once someone told Bush there's this govt agency
called NASA wanting to replace Texas crude with
solar power.

Heh heh ... it is hard to find a bigger moron than Bush, but alas we have
a volunteer.

First, anyone who works in the oil business knows that oil is a depleting
asset, and anything that can slow the use of oil is welcome.

Second, though I would rather have a broomstick 25 cm up my ass than see
Hillary elected President, the fact remains than manned space has been an
enormous cash drain at the expense of unmanned science probes, so if it
is bad news for some that Hillary wants to move money from manned space
to science, it is good news for others.

Old November 8th 07, 12:38 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Jonathan

"BradGuth" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Those L points, it may turn out to be an interesting fight someday
to see who gets them and how. How many satellites can fit
in one of those points? Will they get in each others way
or can many of them share the same area?

- Brad Guth -

Old November 8th 07, 01:54 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Fred J. McCall

"Revision" wrote:
:
:Second, though I would rather have a broomstick 25 cm up my ass than see
:Hillary elected President, the fact remains than manned space has been an
:enormous cash drain at the expense of unmanned science probes, so if it
:is bad news for some that Hillary wants to move money from manned space
:to science, it is good news for others.
:

Except that history indicates that that is not what happens. When
manned space gets cut, unmanned space gets cut, too. The money taken
from manned space doesn't go to unmanned space. It goes to public
housing or some such. It effectively disappears from 'space'
entirely. Then some of the money from unmanned space follows it out.

If you're a global warming evangelist you might do ok under Hillary.
If you're a planetary scientist she is going to be bad news for you.
If your interest is manned space flight she is going to be REALLY bad
news for you.

--
"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-- Charles Pinckney
Old November 8th 07, 03:16 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
J. Clarke

Revision wrote:
"Jonathan"
Just like Space Solar Power seemed to dissappear almost
overnight once someone told Bush there's this govt agency
called NASA wanting to replace Texas crude with
solar power.

Heh heh ... it is hard to find a bigger moron than Bush, but alas we
have a volunteer.

First, anyone who works in the oil business knows that oil is a
depleting asset, and anything that can slow the use of oil is
welcome.

Second, though I would rather have a broomstick 25 cm up my ass than
see Hillary elected President, the fact remains than manned space
has
been an enormous cash drain at the expense of unmanned science
probes, so if it is bad news for some that Hillary wants to move
money from manned space to science, it is good news for others.

If she wants to move it into R&D I'm all for that. R&D is what's
going to ultimately get us a real space program. If NASA had put what
it's spent on the Shuttle in the last 30 years into R&D then we'd
likely have a moon base by now. What's needed is not "manned space at
all costs", what's needed is to get the costs of manned space down to
something sustainable.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old November 8th 07, 03:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
American

On Nov 8, 8:54 am, Fred J. McCall wrote:
If your interest is manned space flight she is going to be REALLY bad
news for you.

Most women prefer self righteousness over self worship,
and in terms of the lack of women in the engineering and
sciences, particularly in space exploration R&D, any new
exploration initiative is just another "perfunctory" process
in a "male dominated society" - so the "self-righteousness"
aspect, for most women, becomes engendered by
displacing what is perceived as a shortcoming in the math
and sciences, as the "Barak Obama" complex for the
"angry white male".

Yeah, possibly the wrongly spun media's bad, favoring
*communists* and the like, but who ever would assume
that this same political beast has an exit clause, just in
case the bottom should drop out? Intelligence just has
to be many times more *contagious* than ignorance.

The point is, Hillary has no other exit strategy for NASA,
other than Obama as her running mate. (Sounds like
the Fed still wants to be in charge of the inmates
running the asylum!)

The real ugly thing is that a bigger *Fed* (this time)
represents BOTH sides of the ticket (Reps & Dems)
for the same old scripted, "echoplex" of PAC'd
incumbentist "magnet" - same 'money', just a different
face on it.

Yep, it's that bad.

American

"Here's some real science for you: The internal com-
bustion engine became extinct about 75 years ago, but
Henry Ford won't tell you that because the big banker's
government cronys said screw Tesla, the Fed Notes can
squash anything - so we need Tesla's picture on a
hundred dollar bill. Why? Because the spirit of Benjamin
Franklin has been falsely represented by the oligarchies
that are supposed to represent the *spirit of invention*
that resides with future generations of "Ben Franklins"
- The same holds true with Washington, Jefferson,
Jackson, and Grant. They should be replaced by
Paul Revere, Edmund Burke, C.S. Lewis, and George
Orwell. Any other money is just "dirty capital".

(Part of July 08, 2007 post from "What's wrong with there
being ETs (smarter than us none the less)"

Old November 8th 07, 04:17 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.geo.geology
Glen Overby[_1_]

J. Clarke wrote:
If she wants to move it into R&D I'm all for that. R&D is what's
going to ultimately get us a real space program. If NASA had put what
it's spent on the Shuttle in the last 30 years into R&D then we'd
likely have a moon base by now. What's needed is not "manned space at
all costs", what's needed is to get the costs of manned space down to
something sustainable.

Just because you're putting money into "R&D" doesn't mean you're going to get
reduced costs of manned space flight. *UNLESS* The RND money is put into
research to reduce the cost of manned spaceflight.

There are a lot of other useful areas "R&D" money can be spent than on
reducing the cost.