Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 13th 07, 08:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Is NASA a US "Defence Agency"?

NASA must cooperate with the Department of Defense in the United States.
According to the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958, Section
305à (i):
"The National Aeronautics and Space Administration shall be considered
a Defense Agency of the United States for the purpose of Chapter 17,
Title 35 of the United States code"

Ken Johnston at:
http://www.enterprisemission.com/NPC-Russia.htm
I do not want any discussion about the slides there. I regard em as the
result of a bad adjusted copy device.

But this law statement surprised me. Is it still actual? If so NASA PAO
did a good job 40 years to present it as research agency.

## CrossPoint v3.12d R ##