ASTRO: Jupiter & GRS animation 09-01-08

Old September 1st 08, 05:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J. Warren

Default ASTRO: Jupiter & GRS animation 09-01-08

I hadn't planned on imaging due to the CSC calling for poor seeing and
transparency, but I wanted to test out a new processing program I got and
hoped to get one set in between clouds. I ended up getting 3 decent
sequences before it became almost completely overcast. Jupiter's cloud
belts seem to be getting more and more disrupted.

Old September 1st 08, 10:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J. Warren

Thanks Stefan. I decided to go ahead and buy the latest version of K3ccd,
version 3.5. I've used the free version 1 since 2003. It is a bit
different that version 1, but certainly an improvement and I don't have to
worry about messing with free keys every few months now.

Joel

Old September 2nd 08, 09:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J. Warren

Thanks everyone. I took the animation from this post and merged it with a 6
frame animation from the 25th. They went together pretty well. Some
changes can be noted in the cloud belts over the period of week. The first
3 frames are from 9-1 and the last 6 are from 8-25.