Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

Old July 27th 08, 01:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Polarised sunglasses see black hole disks

For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html
Old July 27th 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:
For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html

You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old July 27th 08, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"BradGuth" wrote in message...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

For the first time astronomers have found a way to get a clean view of
the elusive disks of matter surrounding supermassive black holes.

http://thefreereporter.net/newspr/3020202.html

You've got to be absolutely kidding. They are only now applying
polarized optics in astronomy?

Are they also aware that Earth isn't flat, and that Muslims do not
have WMD?

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth

Polarization filters have been around a long time, Brad.
You can get one for your home scope just about anywhere.
They have several applications.

This is just the first time astronomers realized that they
can use polarization filters to get a clearer look at the
disks that surround black holes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net

Old July 27th 08, 11:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Jul 27, 1:24 pm, "Painius" wrote:
"BradGuth" wrote in message...

On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

[...]

As I'd said, perhaps they should also be informed that Earth isn't
flat, because that too could make a difference.

Good grief. Isn't polarized optics part of preschool astronomy
duh-101?

Are you saying that the best of our astronomers are mentally slow, and
that others simply don't have a clue?

No wonder their deductive observationology skills are still in the
nearest space toilet.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old July 28th 08, 12:39 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Painius Painius is offline
Banned

"BradGuth" wrote in message...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

[...]

I think you might be being a little too harsh, Brad. It's
like saying that anytime someone discovers something,
they should be chastised for not already knowing it.

People discover things all the time today that they did
not know yesterday. This just makes them smarter
today than they were yesterday. It does not mean they
are stupid or mentally slow.

Discoveries that bring us closer to a clearer picture of
reality ought to be celebrated and rewarded.

The punishment should fit the crime,
The reward should fit the climb!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Indelibly yours,
Paine Ellsworth

P.S.: Thank YOU for reading!

P.P.S.: http://painellsworth.net

Old July 28th 08, 12:45 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

Polarizers have been used in astronomy for some time now, BradBoi!
lmfjao! A yahoo search gives over 120,000 hits and most are good ones
on the first 31 pages of results.

Some professional instruments are actually large polarized SUNGLASSES.
lmao! I'm using a term here that I THINK you can understand. Don't
want you to microwave your brain (whatever is left of it!) with your
style of deductive logic.

Are sunglasses considered custom-filtered optics? lmfjao!

I'll leave it up to you to look these up. Can you manage that on your
own?

As for WMD: You never replied (as usual) to my comment about the U.S.
removing 550 METRIC TONS of yellowcake from Iraq. Also don't forget
Saddam's use of poison gas against his own people!

I think the Muslims know that the Earth isn't flat. Well, some of
them at least!

I wonder what the U.S. did with all that yellowcake...

Saul Levy

Old July 28th 08, 01:15 AM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

"BradGuth" wrote in message...
On Jul 27, 5:38 am, wrote:

[...]

But every astronomer within Usenet/newsgroup claims to have always
known all there is to know about such optics, and of whatever can or
can not be accomplished. So, why the hell are they better than a half
century out of date?

Years ago I'd asked of using polarized optics, in part on behalf of
KECK being soft-modified so as resolve 1 m/pixel of our Selene/moon.
The polarized application was also along with a green or blue laser
cannon illumination process of our otherwise soft earthshine
illuminated moon.

As of roughly 8 years ago, it seems that I'd also mentioned the NASA/
Apollo usage of polarized optics, of which by rights should have made
our physically dark as coal moon look even darker (of greater contrast
and much less glare factor) to the Kodak eye.

- Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth
Old July 28th 08, 11:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Saul Levy Saul Levy is offline
Banned

If YOU say so, BradBoi! lmfjao!

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Saul Levy