ISS needs RotoRooter

Old June 3rd 08, 09:37 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default Ejecting; was ISS needs RotoRooter

Scott Hedrick wrote:
If one intends to ignite said fart, consider this:
http://firechief.com/training/appare...-defense-0101/

When I accidentally ignited the one pound can of gunpowder in my right
hand 26 years back, the velour shirt ignited, the cotton briefs survived
just fine, and the polyester pants over the briefs _literally_
vaporised. Which is probably just as well, as I didn't end up with
burning molten polyester all over the front of my legs.
This was a unique take on the concept of a ablative heatshield that I
frankly don't want to repeat. :-)

Pat
Old June 3rd 08, 09:11 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
.. .

Scott Hedrick wrote:
If one intends to ignite said fart, consider this:
http://firechief.com/training/appare...-defense-0101/

When I accidentally ignited the one pound can of gunpowder in my right
hand 26 years back, the velour shirt ignited, the cotton briefs survived
just fine, and the polyester pants over the briefs _literally_ vaporised.
Which is probably just as well, as I didn't end up with burning molten
polyester all over the front of my legs.
This was a unique take on the concept of a ablative heatshield that I
frankly don't want to repeat. :-)

Pat, what does it say about this group, that it can find a link between a
plugged space toilet and the flame-retardant properties of underwear?

Old June 4th 08, 12:02 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Scott Hedrick wrote:
Pat, what does it say about this group, that it can find a link between a
plugged space toilet and the flame-retardant properties of underwear?

It takes a rocket scientist, son.. a _rocket scientist_. :-)
Old June 4th 08, 04:55 AM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_2_]

On Jun 3, 1:32*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

(Of course, if one were to soak those turds in hydrogen peroxide and
leave the bag of them burning just outside the ISS airlock door, it
would be a pretty good joke.) :-D

"Fire just slightly outside the hole!"