Early use of the term "Lagrange/Lagrangian Point" ??

Old August 9th 12, 09:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr J R Stockton[_173_]

Default Early use of the term "Lagrange/Lagrangian Point" ??

I seek early references to the Lagrange Points in fiction. They do not
need to actually use the word "Lagrange", but the intent must be clear
and not just counter-Earth. By "early" - anything before "A Fall of
Moondust" (1961), but I know already of Planetoid 127, Derelict of
Space, Venus Equilateral, and Jupiter Equilateral.

Also in early non-fiction. Note - They are not mentioned in Lagrange's
"Essai sur le Problème des Trois Corps" or in Euler's E327 or as far as
I can see anywhere else in Lagrange or Euler.

I know of the first observation (1904) and the first discovery (1906).

I know from "Autour de la Lune" that Verne had heard of the three-body
problem but had a feeble understanding of gravity and other physics.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Mail via homepage. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms and links;