Do Comets Have Craters?

Old July 8th 05, 07:35 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Do Comets Have Craters?

The reason I ask is that camera that just crashed showed the comet had
old craters,and its surface was definitely rock covered with fine dust.
Beert

..

Old July 8th 05, 10:50 PM
ING

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
The reason I ask is that camera that just crashed showed the comet had
old craters,and its surface was definitely rock covered with fine dust.
Beert

.

Looks like you answered your own question.
..
I also wouldn't jump to the conclusion that comet Tempel 1 is DEFINITELY
rock just because you THINK it looks like rock.

Old July 9th 05, 12:24 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

M why do I have a feeling that its not a comet but a fast moving
asteroid? Beert

Old July 9th 05, 12:26 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

If so any pictures? If not so any reasons? Beert

Old July 11th 05, 03:35 AM
ING

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
M why do I have a feeling that its not a comet but a fast moving
asteroid? Beert

I don't know. Why DO you have that feeling?

Old July 11th 05, 03:58 AM
nightbat

nightbat wrote

ING wrote:

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
M why do I have a feeling that its not a comet but a fast moving
asteroid? Beert

I don't know. Why DO you have that feeling?

nightbat

He gets those feelings every time a new experiment or
observation supports the Captain nightbat " Black Comet " one. Officer
Bert routinely questions profound scientists and researchers but whole
heartily swallows all his sci fi hype book friends mutiverse black hole
fantasy. Grounded feelings are at times good especially beautiful girl
ones towards you.

ponder on,
the nightbat
Old July 11th 05, 04:37 AM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
The reason I ask is that camera that just crashed showed the comet had
old craters,and its surface was definitely rock covered with fine dust.
Beert

.

The camera didn't crash!

The old craters makes one wonder about things like how densely strewn
with particles were the regions that it passed through, and how many
millions of years did it take to pick up those craters?

Or perhaps they are very old, and it picked them up during the early
days of the solar system when there was more stuff flying around!

Double-A

Old July 11th 05, 02:11 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

M Its a rock and I keep reading comets are dirty snow balls(lots of
CO,and water) Now it you read my latest posts I'm giving solar winds
the creator of comet tails. Temple-1 is just as dry as the Mars
moons,and if Mars captured it Mars would have three moons.Fact is it
would fit there very well and be Mars second largest moon.,and also look
like just another potato Bert

Old July 11th 05, 03:44 PM
ING

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message
M Its a rock and I keep reading comets are dirty snow balls(lots of
CO,and water) Now it you read my latest posts I'm giving solar winds
the creator of comet tails. Temple-1 is just as dry as the Mars
moons,and if Mars captured it Mars would have three moons.Fact is it
would fit there very well and be Mars second largest moon.,and also look
like just another potato Bert

Whatever you do, DON'T answer my question (that was sarcasm, by the way).
You keep saying that Tempel 1 is made of rock. I want to know WHY YOU THINK
IT'S MADE OF ROCK.

Old July 11th 05, 05:40 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

HiM Don't get mad. When I compare it to Mars Moons don't that make you
think of "rock"? Having old craters filled with dust. Don;'t that make
you think of "rock" Shaped like a potato Don't that make you think
"rock" Compactor to make a 140ft deep crater Don't that make you think
"rock" If not you got "rocks" in your head. Now "M" don't let the
"M" stand for mad. Be nice I answer all questions the way I see them.
M Best to keep in mind man has been blowing up rocks for many years. We
hit Temple 1 with a force equivalent to about 5 tons of TNT after all it
was the 4th Bert