Go Back   Home » SpaceBanter.com forum » Others » Misc
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old November 19th 16, 09:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 12:42:14 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Currently 47F and 21 mph east wind as of 12:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Feels cold. I need a better coat. Overcast with more rain coming.

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday, then the library was closed yesterday. They have upgraded the browser, so everything is a little confusing today.

While looking for a coat at the Salvation Army store, I ran across a fairly current 1364 page $300 physics textbook in fairly good condition, and was able to buy it for $3.00! I sold the physics text I had back in college, never thinking how invaluable it would be for future reference and further study.

Received another credit card! Now I have four!

Double-A

I do not use credit cards for personal stuff.I use debit.M&M uses plastic,and has 90 days to pay. AA you should get a cheap car.It would pay for itself,and you do not have to wait for a bus and walk in the cold wind and rain. TreBert
Old November 19th 16, 10:31 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 1:06:31 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
Currently 47F and 21 mph east wind as of 12:30 PM PST here in Gresham. Feels cold. I need a better coat. Overcast with more rain coming.

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday, then the library was closed yesterday. They have upgraded the browser, so everything is a little confusing today..

While looking for a coat at the Salvation Army store, I ran across a fairly current 1364 page $300 physics textbook in fairly good condition, and was able to buy it for $3.00! I sold the physics text I had back in college, never thinking how invaluable it would be for future reference and further study.

Double-A

I do not use credit cards for personal stuff.I use debit.M&M uses plastic,and has 90 days to pay. AA you should get a cheap car.It would pay for itself,and you do not have to wait for a bus and walk in the cold wind and rain. TreBert

One of my credit cards accumulates credits towards buying a car. I have to get a driver's license first. Right now I still can't afford any of the expenses of a car.

Double-A
Old November 20th 16, 10:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

Light sprinkles of rain, breeze out of the south, overcast, and 50F as of 2:00 PM PST here in Gresham.

Oregon football teams scored some rare victories yesterday, and that will get their egos primed for the big showdown Civil War Game next Saturday! Ducks vs. Beavers! This will be preceded by what should be a pretty good showdown this year between the Washington teams in the Apple Cup game next Friday!

Double-A

Old November 21st 16, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 2:31:35 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Currently 47F and 21 mph east wind as of 12:30 PM PST here in Gresham.. Feels cold. I need a better coat. Overcast with more rain coming.

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday, then the library was closed yesterday. They have upgraded the browser, so everything is a little confusing today.

Double-A

One of my credit cards accumulates credits towards buying a car. I have to get a driver's license first. Right now I still can't afford any of the expenses of a car.

Double-A

Rain all night.Cool and cloudy at 2pm Must have had half inch. Taking afternoon nap. TreBert
Old November 21st 16, 09:49 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016
external usenet poster

"Herbert Glazier" wrote in message

Currently 47F and 21 mph east wind as of 12:30 PM PST here in Gresham.
Feels cold. I need a better coat. Overcast with more rain coming.

Had lunch with Kim on Wednesday, then the library was closed
yesterday. They have upgraded the browser, so everything is a little
confusing today.

While looking for a coat at the Salvation Army store, I ran across a
fairly current 1364 page $300 physics textbook in fairly good
condition, and was able to buy it for $3.00! I sold the physics text
I had back in college, never thinking how invaluable it would be for
future reference and further study.

Double-A

I do not use credit cards for personal stuff.I use debit.M&M uses
plastic,and has 90 days to pay. AA you should get a cheap car.It would
pay for itself,and you do not have to wait for a bus and walk in the
cold wind and rain. TreBert

One of my credit cards accumulates credits towards buying a car. I have
to get a driver's license first. Right now I still can't afford any of
the expenses of a car.

Double-A

Rain all night.Cool and cloudy at 2pm Must have had half inch. Taking
afternoon nap. TreBert

****"Half Inch" - that's what the truck stop lot lizards call Hagar.

Old November 21st 16, 10:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 1:09:42 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Double-A

Double-A

Rain all night.Cool and cloudy at 2pm Must have had half inch. Taking afternoon nap. TreBert

Relatively nice day here in Gresham. 54F as of 2:15 PM PST. Calm and sun through scattered clouds. The forecast? Another week of rain and temps in the 40s.

Found a huge discount store near the library that has just opened up! They have lots of reasonably priced coats, which I've been looking for! Also many items for $0.99, better than the Dollar Tree Store! Some for even less than that! It seems the only businesses thriving in Gresham are second hand stores and deep discount stores. A sign of the times.

Double-A

Old November 22nd 16, 07:47 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier
external usenet poster

On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 2:26:10 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 1:09:42 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Double-A

Double-A

Relatively nice day here in Gresham. 54F as of 2:15 PM PST. Calm and sun through scattered clouds. The forecast? Another week of rain and temps in the 40s.

Found a huge discount store near the library that has just opened up! They have lots of reasonably priced coats, which I've been looking for! Also many items for $0.99, better than the Dollar Tree Store! Some for even less than that! It seems the only businesses thriving in Gresham are second hand stores and deep discount stores. A sign of the times.

Double-A

Old November 25th 16, 07:06 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 2:33:25 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:

I might go Chinese,this Nov8 I eat turkey once a week.Chicken twice a week. They go good with MSP. Very cool nights.Very warm bright days.Also wishing all a nice Thanksgiving. Trebert

I used to eat a lot of turkey because they would sell turkey parts cheap in the stores. It used to be about the cheapest meat you could buy. I don't see that anymore. Maybe it's because a processing plant here closed some years ago and caused a collapse of the Oregon turkey growing industry!

Rained all through Thanksgiving here! Some local flooding! Now the rain has finally let up for the moment, but it will be back!

Currently cloudy and 47F as of 11:00 AM PST here in Gresham.

My Thanksgiving dinner was more of a Korean style affair with rice and anchovies rolled in sheets of seaweed! No turnkey on my table this year. Watched all the football games, and drank beer.

The DOW is continuing upward towards the 20,000 level! I remember years ago that they laughed when I predicted that the DOW would break 2,000. Now it is attempting a breakout at the next magnitude up!

The construction crew is building a wall of cement blocks along the property line between us and the new Dutch Brothers coffee shop. They worked on Thanksgiving, but quit about 2 PM. They must be behind schedule. I see a lot of the squirrels now in our back yard, because much of their former foraging area has been dug up. Don't know if they can survive now.

Double-A

Old November 26th 16, 06:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

I was bright and early outside the library today waiting for them to open the doors. They have blocked off parking in some of the streets for some special event today, I don't know what. A Santa Claus Parade?

A nice calm day here in Gresham. Streets still wet from the night's rains. Currently 49F and that's about as high as they expect it to get today. Could hit 50F if we're lucky!

Heard the crew of Mexicans building the cement block wall along the property line outside my window this morning conversing in Spanish. I wonder if they expect to get work building Donald Trump's wall? Funny thing is, that wall to keep the Mexicans out could give a lot of Mexicans jobs!

Came in early today so I could get back home in time to watch the big Civil War game between the Oregon Ducks and the Beavers! The Apple Cup game yesterday was a real blow out with the 5th ranked Huskies winning 45 - 17. I think the Oregon game will be better matched. Both teams are pretty bad this year!

I heard California is circulating a petition to secede from the union! They just can't get over the loss by Hilary, I guess. Also I heard the idea that California might be divided into 6 states! They might even change the name! Bert, I suppose your idea of Mexifornia could actually be in play!

Here in the Pacific Northwest we have long harbored the vision of country called Cascadia! It could consist of Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and maybe even British Columbia! These states all have common interests and environments. Who knows what the future holds!

Double-A

Old November 27th 16, 09:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]
external usenet poster

A cloudy and dismal day here in Gresham with occasional light drizzle. As of 1:15 PM PST, it is 46F with a wind out of the south of 13 mph.

I can't believe they didn't put the Civil War game on any local television yesterday! It is an important event here in Oregon. But I guess we don't really have any local independent TV stations anymore. The Beavers beat the Ducks, which they only do about once every 10 years. I can see little future here for Duck's coach Mark Helfrich!

Double-A