The USA must be faster in space than the Chineses ! ! !

Old November 18th 04, 07:15 AM
Hans-Marc Olsen

Default The USA must be faster in space than the Chineses ! ! !

If we don't hurry, the Chinese will build a moon-base first, install
defense satellites and we're doomed.

So we need to create the moonbase as fast as possible, because the
first one can claim it all and the second one gets NOTHING !
Old November 18th 04, 07:47 AM
Alan Erskine

"Hans-Marc Olsen" wrote in message
m...
If we don't hurry, the Chinese will build a moon-base first, install
defense satellites and we're doomed.

So we need to create the moonbase as fast as possible, because the
first one can claim it all and the second one gets NOTHING !

Just to let everyone know (if they haven't worked it out already), this
idiot's a troll - fake email addy, posting from google via a yahoo account.

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old November 18th 04, 10:07 AM
Pat Flannery

Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

If we don't hurry, the Chinese will build a moon-base first, install
defense satellites and we're doomed.

Would someone like to explain to Mr. Olson what happens to things
orbiting the Moon?

Pat

Old November 18th 04, 10:23 AM
Paul Blay

"Pat Flannery" wrote ...

Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

If we don't hurry, the Chinese will build a moon-base first, install
defense satellites and we're doomed.

Would someone like to explain to Mr. Olson what happens to things
orbiting the Moon?

The boring explanation about variations in the moon's graviational
pull due to irregularities in its make up or the _real_ explanation that
involves missing cosmonauts and Boris the moon monkey?
Old November 18th 04, 06:15 PM
Pat Flannery

Paul Blay wrote:

The boring explanation about variations in the moon's graviational
pull due to irregularities in its make up or the _real_ explanation that
involves missing cosmonauts and Boris the moon monkey?

Say there... if the Chinese are heading moonwards, we need some
equivalent of Boris for them, don't we?
How about "Bow-Wow-Mao, The Lunar Pekingese Dog?" :-)

Pat

Old November 19th 04, 01:17 AM
OM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:07:48 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Hans-Marc Olsen whined:

If we don't hurry, the Chinese will build a moon-base first, install
defense satellites and we're doomed.

Would someone like to explain to Mr. Olson what happens to things
orbiting the Moon?

....They tend to run into the Cow, natch.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr