Starry Night v5.01 question re the eclipse and landscapes ( For a 1st grade Class demo - it's for the kids)

Old March 6th 07, 01:54 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Eric Kent

Default Starry Night v5.01 question re the eclipse and landscapes ( For a 1st grade Class demo - it's for the kids)

I know this is not a support group for SN, but I think many people
here use it. If there is a better program, please tell me and I'll
get it.
The problem is I live in FL and when I input the Long & Latitude and
save it as Home Location, the landscape shows mountains that could
possibly be the Alps ( yes I exaggerate, but they are big freaking
mountains none the less and they block the view.)
I have read the instructions several times and couldn't fix it. I
think I did change it to a Martian landscape last time. I gave up
using the program until today when my son said he had to do a project
on the Lunar eclipse and I thought this would be something cool for
his first grade class to see on Starry Night. However, I"m still
having problems with the landscape part.
If anyone is willing to help me, please let me know..
(It's for the kids, man, for the kids. They are our future and we
need to treat them well.)

If anyone knows of a better group to post this question, please
advise.

Thanks

ErIK
Old March 6th 07, 02:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

I use Cartes du Ciel it's free and easy to use, I have it set for Lancaser
Ca. which is just about 10 miles from me.

--
There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

Old March 6th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Eric Kent

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 18:52:13 -0800, "Starlord"
wrote:

There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the
universe, with tribes of humans, who may have been the forefathers of the
Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. Some believe that they may yet be
brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the
heavens.

Cool. Like on Star Gate 1 or SGA.
"CAN YOU DIG IT?"
I can dig it, man.
Much of the bible would make more sense in that context I suppose.
Halos would really be Space Helmets and such.

Old March 6th 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Default Starry Night v5.01 question re the eclipse and landscapes

For those that do not know of my, I am a sidewalk astronomer and I run at
lest 4 to 5 e-mail lists that deal with telecscopes and astronomey
themselves and this is all part of the rather larger reading and posting on
the meany other lists I run and also of some nesgroups here on the net. And
I've been haunting the newsgroups and lists since 1986 and I'm a owner of 3
telescopes I use too.

Plus I've watched most sci-fi that's been on the air since 1950.