Who are the Other Two going to be?

Old June 22nd 04, 04:34 AM
Alan Anderson

Default Who are the Other Two going to be?

"Mike Rhino" wrote:

Would it make sense to sell those two seats? We usually think of tourism as
a later stage activity, but you can put tourists on the very first flight.

Not if what you're flying is an experimental aircraft. N328KF is one, I
believe.
Old June 22nd 04, 06:34 PM
Sander Vesik

Mike Rhino wrote:
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
For the X-prize, there have to be three. Who are the Other Two? Are they
the other crew who's bios are on Scaled's page?

Would it make sense to sell those two seats? We usually think of tourism as
a later stage activity, but you can put tourists on the very first flight.

Potentially not. It depends on how much extra hassle and cost with insurance
it adds.

--
Sander

+++ Out of cheese error +++
Old June 22nd 04, 09:46 PM
Richard D. Latham

Default Tito vs Allen Who are the Other Two going to be?

"johnhare" writes:

"Mike Rhino" wrote in message
"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
For the X-prize, there have to be three. Who are the Other Two? Are

they
the other crew who's bios are on Scaled's page?

Would it make sense to sell those two seats? We usually think of tourism

as
a later stage activity, but you can put tourists on the very first flight.

Whenever we make it back to the moon, we could let someone with money be

the
first person of this century to step on the moon. That assumes that the
lunar rocket has been tested by sending supplies to the moon with unmanned
missions.

Someone with money seems to be the criteria for certain firsts. Tito as paid
tourist
to orbit, Allen financing SS1. At a similar cost each, one wonders which
will
derive the greatest satisfaction from the 20M or so. Not today, but ten
years
from now, which of them will be happier with their investment?

I suspect that 100 years from now Tito will be, at the very best, a
very small footnote in the history books.

Paul Allen's name may get used for the next 500 years, as Queen
Isabel's has for the previous 500 , as the prime enabler for the next
great expansion of the human race.

--
#include disclaimer.std /* I don't speak for IBM ... */
/* Heck, I don't even speak for myself */