Bush to Withdraw from Outer Space Treaty, Annex the Moon

Old April 1st 05, 02:32 PM
Mark R. Whittington

Default Bush to Withdraw from Outer Space Treaty, Annex the Moon

In a move that will probably anger the international community, but may
please space advocates, the Bush Administration is planning to withdraw
from the Outer Space Treaty and claim the Moon as sovereign United
States territory. This will lead in turn to a program to sell off
parcels of lunar real estate and mineral rights in order to finance the
President's Moon, Mars, and Beyond Vision. With the prospect of helium
3 mining and other commercial ventures on the Moon, Dr. Lirpa Sloof, a
space policy analyst from the European Union, suggests that policy
change will not only pay for the exploration of the Moon, Mars, and
other destinations, but will turn a tidy profit for the US treasury.
There has been no comment from world leaders, though certain
Congressional Democrats are said to be concerned.

Old April 1st 05, 02:40 PM
Paul Blay

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote ...
In a move that will probably anger the international community, but may
please space advocates, the Bush Administration is planning to withdraw
from the Outer Space Treaty and claim the Moon as sovereign United
States territory. This will lead in turn to a program to sell off
parcels of lunar real estate and mineral rights in order to finance the
President's Moon, Mars, and Beyond Vision. With the prospect of helium
3 mining and other commercial ventures on the Moon, Dr. Lirpa Sloof,

That guy sure gets around this time of year.

Old April 1st 05, 02:42 PM
Alain Fournier

Mark R. Whittington wrote:
In a move that will probably anger the international community, but may
please space advocates, the Bush Administration is planning to withdraw
from the Outer Space Treaty and claim the Moon as sovereign United
States territory.

Times have changed. On this day, the international community is more
supportive of this kind of initiative.

Alain Fournier

Old April 1st 05, 05:49 PM

Paul Blay wrote:
"Mark R. Whittington" wrote ...
In a move that will probably anger the international community, but

may
please space advocates, the Bush Administration is planning to

withdraw
from the Outer Space Treaty and claim the Moon as sovereign United
States territory. This will lead in turn to a program to sell off
parcels of lunar real estate and mineral rights in order to finance

the
President's Moon, Mars, and Beyond Vision. With the prospect of

helium
3 mining and other commercial ventures on the Moon, Dr. Lirpa

Sloof,

That guy sure gets around this time of year.

Not only him but Dr Sloof too! http://www.sloof.us
Or maybe it's a relative of hers. Man being a commenter for the EU and
launching
a new space prize (http://www.tuberat.com) all in the same day. It's
just
unbelievably cool...... :-)

~Jon

Old April 2nd 05, 01:31 AM
Joann Evans

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote:

In a move that will probably anger the international community, but may
please space advocates, the Bush Administration is planning to withdraw
from the Outer Space Treaty and claim the Moon as sovereign United
States territory. This will lead in turn to a program to sell off
parcels of lunar real estate and mineral rights in order to finance the
President's Moon, Mars, and Beyond Vision. With the prospect of helium
3 mining and other commercial ventures on the Moon, Dr. Lirpa Sloof, a
space policy analyst from the European Union, suggests that policy
change will not only pay for the exploration of the Moon, Mars, and
other destinations, but will turn a tidy profit for the US treasury.
There has been no comment from world leaders, though certain
Congressional Democrats are said to be concerned.

Even allowing for the fact that this is April 1st, one still can't
help but immediately think that the above wouldn't mean much
(interesting though it would be) until practical means to get there
exists...

--

You know what to remove, to reply....
Old April 2nd 05, 04:11 AM
Alan Erskine

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote in message
oups.com...

I think I'll leave the .space groups until the _second_ of April... ;-)

--
Alan Erskine

Old April 2nd 05, 05:18 AM
Rand Simberg

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:31:27 GMT, in a place far, far away, Joann
Evans made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

"Mark R. Whittington" wrote:

[...]

But it would increase motivation to develop practical means to get
there...
Old April 2nd 05, 08:02 PM
Brad Guth

Sounds exactly like WW-III to me.

Bad News for 'Moon Hoax' Buffs
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...085a9807dd78c1

Don't look now, ' is posting some of that interesting
moon stuff again.
http://www.nature.com/news/2005/0503...050328-10.html

Moon being disintegrated!
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...1a72e41e25329e

Perhaps we'll need to get my LSE up and operating before the moon
entirely self-destructs before our dumbfounded and thereby snookered to
death eyes.

-

This closing rant is contributed for the ongoing benefit of others (The
New York Times, The Washington Post and any other news media plus
whatever general topic newcomers), and not that any of this topic
matters to those without a stitch of remorse outside of whatever
appeases their MI6/NSA pagan NASA/Apollo cold-war or bust God(s), as in
spite of their spermware of flak having the intent as to kill-off my PC
if not myself, within my spare dyslexic time I've slightly polished on
my external 'gv-topics.htm' page, and I'm remaining intent upon working
on other pages as soon to be improved. As I learn more that can be
independently supported by the regular laws of physics, by sufficient
hard-science and subjectively honest interpretations of whatever I have
been given to work with, as best I'll share that knowledge, which will
likely include revisions and retractions upon any number of what I've
offered thus far. Unfortunately, since I'm unfunded and on the usual
'need-to-know' bases with regard to anything that might rock a
mainstream boat, and that my PC is being continually attacked with
NSA/MI6 spermware, it seems this process is going to take many
thousands of my lose cannon shots before the truth and nothing but the
truth is ever going be told. And I bet you thought the likes of big and
fully loaded aircraft smashing into fully occupied tall buildings was
as bad as it gets; think again.

Basic township that's situated upon Venus:
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-town.htm
Basic LSE (Lunar Space Elevator):
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/lunar-space-elevator.htm
Other available topics by; Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm