NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrong with the Webb telescope?

Old March 2nd 18, 08:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

Default NASA's biggest worry right now: What if something goes wrongwith the Webb telescope?

On Thursday, 1 March 2018 17:55:55 UTC+1, Bill wrote:
On Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:26:15 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

Take your meds, dude. You know the nurses don't like it when you
don't.

We, the US, are a work in progress. We've been evolving and developing
since before 1776 -and the process continues.

I'm not going to launch into ad hominems. Chris' perspectives are his
own - they are not mine; but then I'll wager that he and I have had very
different experiences in life that might cause each of us to see things
very differently.

As for our frenemies in Europe.... When they have demonstrated that
they're able to fix their current problems, I'll be more open to
considering their input on how we might address our own issues.

History shows us what a stable, and wonderful, place that Europe has
been. Just look at what they did to the World. I guess Chris has
forgotten European Imperialism and how they were once major perpetrators
of injustice throughout the World.

The US will solve many of its problems - just not on Chris' timetable.
It is what we do.

You are absolutely correct. Europe has been an appalling cesspit for almost all of its long history. A system of untouchable hierarchy, religious hypocrisy and abuse of justice by inherited wealth. Much of which was built on slavery.

My endless diatribes are poor reference material for judging my own perspectives. Those who hear me complain about the USA will miss all the rest. America has been dreadfully served by its supposed leadership. Just as has Europe.

The EU is a bottomless money bag for every crook in Europe and around the world. Its despotic leaders are completely untouchable by any electorate. The electorate is at the mercy of the rigid party systems as they all shift steadily to the right to combat mass, open immigration policies left over by the limp-wristed left. i.e. Those who never have to foot the bill for anything. Not even their own private junkets.

All that said. This is not the place for discussion of these subjects. My open license for doing so is a direct reaction to years of other's deliberate trolling on s.a.a.

Anonymity on the internet is the AR15 and armour piercing rounds for evil, ****witted schoolchildren and evil, pseudo-adult ****wits alike. The Internet has the potential to lift the word out of millennia of blind ignorance and misery. But is abused, instead, as a cowardly weapon to stab the innocent in the back from the absolute safety of the shadows. Or to megaphone broadcast over the countless voices of reason.

Social media and iT is largely run by the same iDespots as those who floated like turds on the cesspits of human history. They will almost certainly use AI to increase profits and market share. As hundreds of millions are crushed beneath the treads of their jackboot control mechanisms.

If power corrupts. iPower corrupts absolutely. They are the global drug dealers of the 21st century. And seem to delight in the damage their toxic product do to the human race. Big tobacco must be burning with envy that these iDictators have usurped their untouchable power over the weak-willed and international law. The drug barons must be sick to the back teeth that these untouchable ogres are further encouraged to invade new countries around the world in broad daylight.

The creative energies of the people are stolen, boxed and sold off in exchange for commercial messages for ready-made landfill. All to make another hundred billion, virtual bucks for whom? The creative? Yeah, right! They don't even have control over their own product. Nor the often obscene messages floating around their work barely visible on the toxic and polluted swamp the iDespots deliberately created for maximum, personal profit.