Stellar wind and atmospheric mass loss

Old February 23rd 17, 01:50 AM posted to sci.space.science
Alain Fournier[_3_]

Default Stellar wind and atmospheric mass loss

Solar wind can erode the atmosphere of planets.

Does anyone know or have pointers to how that would
work out if you have a much smaller star with planets
much closer. How can we compare atmospheric erosion
on Earth to atmospheric erosion of a planet orbiting
a much smaller (and dimmer) star but in the habitable
zone of that star. For instance, let's say the star,
uh, which star could I choose, oh, I got one let's say
TRAPPIST-1.

I know that the size of the planet and the composition
of the atmosphere would be very important factors as
far as atmospheric erosion goes. But I don't really
want to consider those here. I would want to compare
a similar sized planet, with a similar atmosphere
and at a similar temperature. Just a smaller star.

Alain Fournier