"NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

Old May 15th 08, 12:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default "NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/20...s_ow.html#more
That damn woman...that damn _Bush_ woman.
This could destroy the entire impeccable tradition of the NASA PAO
having no political agenda whatsoever. :-D
Meanwhile, back on the ISS, the Mir glycol cooling system spill gets
repeated with freon:
http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/20...pill.html#more
Uh...excuse me... but wasn't freon supposed to be a no-no due to
depletion of the ozonosphere long before they started building the ISS?
Like someone having a scrimshawed sperm whale tooth from before the
whaling ban, I have my unused firefighting bottle of liquefied Halon
1301/1211 gas from 1988 sitting on the shelf next to my desk....Serial
Number M-416760.
Like Professor Chaos and General Disarray from South Park, I hold this
over _ONE POUND_ of pure Halon above the world's head as a perpetual
threat.
One wrong move and you all die of third degree sunburn, cataracts, and
skin cancer!

But, of course... that doesn't need happen, does it?

In fact, if $30.00 in small unmarked bills were given to me, this threat
to all life could leave my hands, and the world be safe again.
So think about it.

....okay, $25.00 dollars in a pinch... but that must be in
_gold_...deposited to a numbered Swiss bank account. :-)

Pat

Old May 15th 08, 01:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
Uh...excuse me... but wasn't freon supposed to be a no-no due to
depletion of the ozonosphere long before they started building the ISS?
Like someone having a scrimshawed sperm whale tooth from before the
whaling ban, I have my unused firefighting bottle of liquefied Halon
1301/1211 gas from 1988 sitting on the shelf next to my desk....Serial
Number M-416760.

Probably wouldn't work anymore, Pat. 20 years is a long time to store
anything, let alone a liquified gas. What does the guage say (in the red,
probably)?

Old May 15th 08, 01:59 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

On May 15, 6:08 am, Pat Flannery wrote:

http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/20...s_ow.html#more

That damn woman...that damn _Bush_ woman.

The photoshopped redheaded bible college educated astronaut -
bureaucrat woman was brilliant, Keith is really hitting his stride.

No red bush jokes please. Thanks!
Old May 15th 08, 03:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station,sci.space.history
kT

On May 15, 9:03 am, John Doe wrote:
kT wrote:
That damn woman...that damn _Bush_ woman.

The photoshopped redheaded bible college educated astronaut -
bureaucrat woman was brilliant, Keith is really hitting his stride.
No red bush jokes please. Thanks!

Out of curiosity, would NASA have "shields" between real people and
politicial appointees ?

I don't think she's a political appointee anymore, she's graduated to
bureaucratic ladder climber. They give courses for that at your local
bible college, if you're interested. The babes there are hot, trust
me.

Will this new political appointee have the respect of the real NASA
employees ? Will she just be left in her corner, isolated from real
operational decisions and just fed the cushy public PR stuff one expects
a politician to have ?

No, just a cushy job where she feels important and can hone her ladder
climbing skills. I don't think she'll go 'Marsha Ivins' on us, at
least one can hope not. I don't think she's astronaut material, but
she may very well be able to **** her way to the top.

Shirley government organisations that do real stuff must, over time,
have developped structures/culture that can widthdand musical chair
games of political appointees without experience specific to that job ?

Real stuff? Sure, at the lowest level there are volunteers and
students.

They do real stuff. Shirley and Fred, surely you must know them.

Old May 16th 08, 01:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Thu, 15 May 2008 06:08:02 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

"NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

Lemme guess...

- Someone at a NASA center didn't update a web page this week?
- Keith didn't get an invite to another Constellation teleconference?
- The DIRECT guys dared to suggest their approach was superior to Ares
and Keith's beloved EELVs?
- A political appointee got a job Keith thinks he/she doesn't deserve?

NASA Watch has bitched and whined itself into irrelevance. Nothing to
see here, move along...

Brian
Old May 16th 08, 03:19 AM posted to sci.space.history
Terrell Miller

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Uh...excuse me... but wasn't freon supposed to be a no-no due to depletion
of the ozonosphere long before they started building the ISS?

no ozone in LEO = no problema!

--
Terrell Miller

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee - that
will do them in."
- Bradley's Bromide

Old May 16th 08, 06:23 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Alan Erskine wrote:
Probably wouldn't work anymore, Pat. 20 years is a long time to store
anything, let alone a liquified gas. What does the guage say (in the red,
probably)?

It's still fairly full. It's quite small (8" tall by 2" diameter). I
assume they used some sort of sealant on the valve.
Shake it, and you can feel the Halon moving around inside. The Halon
appears to be within two inches of the top.
IIRC, that's about where it was when I bought it.

Pat

Old May 16th 08, 06:34 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Terrell Miller wrote:
Uh...excuse me... but wasn't freon supposed to be a no-no due to depletion
of the ozonosphere long before they started building the ISS?

no ozone in LEO = no problema!

Which brings up a interesting question... when the ISS is
decommissioned, what exactly happens to it?
Does it do a Mir-style dive into the South Pacific?
That would be some fireworks show.

Pat
Old May 16th 08, 08:55 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_6_]

wrote:

"NASA Watch" gets really ****ed off.

Lemme guess...

- Someone at a NASA center didn't update a web page this week?
- Keith didn't get an invite to another Constellation teleconference?
- The DIRECT guys dared to suggest their approach was superior to Ares
and Keith's beloved EELVs?
- A political appointee got a job Keith thinks he/she doesn't deserve?

....You left out the most obvious one:

- Keith is just ragging on and trying to make something out of
nothing, just because he's still ****ed that he was fired from NASA
for being a ****up.

NASA Watch has bitched and whined itself into irrelevance. Nothing to
see here, move along...

....Agreed. Best thing that could happen right about now is for some
h@kk3r to go replace the entire site with a picture of a middle finger
and an advisory for Keith to shut the **** up and go away. He's worn
out his welcome long ago.

OM