Another stupid question comes to mind

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 18th 16, 08:15 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Another stupid question comes to mind

Okay, so I'm retired and have too much time on my hands. But I was sitting
looking at a nice globe I have, made from gemstones, and got wondering, who
decided on how we perceive earths orientation. I mean, with the "north pole" at
the top. Obviously from space, we could very easily see it "upside down". Who
decides these things? Like I said, a stupid question, but I had to ask.

Maybe a stupid question but please help yar Solar 1 April 4th 06 08:14 AM
A Stupid Question Benign Vanilla Misc 5 November 23rd 04 03:01 PM
Stupid question Albert Misc 14 October 26th 04 05:39 AM
Stupid Question LSL Amateur Astronomy 8 June 10th 04 01:54 AM
Stupid Question Paul Maskell Amateur Astronomy 16 November 18th 03 04:17 PM