About Astronomy image. Are they not Computer graphic image?

Old February 13th 08, 07:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Red Cloud

Default About Astronomy image. Are they not Computer graphic image?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I've big question about these images. Are they real image or computer
graphic image?
What I'm saying a real image meant the real picture seen through
naked eye or they are just computer graphic generated images.
Old February 13th 08, 01:26 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Greg Neill[_5_]

"Red Cloud" wrote in message

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I've big question about these images. Are they real image or computer
graphic image?
What I'm saying a real image meant the real picture seen through
naked eye or they are just computer graphic generated images.

The description on the site for the image says
that it's a combination of Hubble and Chandra
images. Both use electronic sensors to take an
image, so in that sense they're computer graphics.
But then, the image you get from your digital
camara is likewise a computer graphic.

The images typically are digitally processed by color
coding the light wavelengths in order to make various
features stand out. For example, in the picture
shown, the X-ray light imaged by Chandra is coded
in blue since the human eye doesn't see in X-ray
light.
Old February 13th 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

On Feb 13, 2:30*am, Red Cloud wrote:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I've big question about these images. Are they real image or computer
graphic image?
What I'm saying a *real image meant the real picture seen through
naked eye or they are just computer graphic generated images.

Images in mirrors are virtual. digital created images are virtual.All
images are in time laps. All actions have a time laps as proven by my
fastest pictures ever taken. All of the universe's light that
hits are eyes at a distance of 11 billion LYs are no longer out there
in the form we see. They have been evolved by using up their
fusion(hydrogen) and the compression force of gravity.In a sense the
universe is quicker than our eyes.It is sad we don't see in actual
time. 93% of the universe is "What it once was"Or has as yet not hit
our eyes Time has taken its toll. I can relate to that.Bert
Old February 13th 08, 03:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Feb 12, 11:30 pm, Red Cloud wrote:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

I've big question about these images. Are they real image or computer
graphic image?
What I'm saying a real image meant the real picture seen through
naked eye or they are just computer graphic generated images.

Most all we see published is of a PhotoShop composite, with as much
and/or as little information provided, so that the eye-candy affect is
always interpreted as passive and/or as inert as possible (meaning
nothing ET worthy), while remaining chuck full of colors and/or of
only the information they intend to share.

The human eye sees roughly .00005% or less of the electromagnetic
spectrum. Many species of life as we know it see nearly twice as much
of that same electromagnetic spectrum.
.. - Brad Guth

ASTRO: OT Residual Bulk Image: its root cause and the best known method for curing it: and a comment about Thermal Diffusion image smear Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 0 January 19th 08 06:30 PM
Moon crater image in recent "Astronomy Now" issue, gallery section Rich Amateur Astronomy 2 December 30th 06 03:55 AM
M81 image Gianluca Astronomy Misc 2 December 27th 06 12:24 AM
Image formats for astronomy Steve UK Astronomy 11 February 8th 05 01:45 PM
a new image... Marco Fazzoli Misc 0 December 15th 04 06:01 PM