B174

Old November 7th 11, 11:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default B174

B174/LDN1164 is a dark nebula that nearly fits my field of view. Most
are too big. IR shows it is hiding a bunch of new stars which isn't
much of a surprise. One is seen just to the east of the northern end of
the cloud. I show it in a separate image. It seen because it is a
Herbig Haro object known as HH354. It is obvious in the luminance image
but was difficult in the red image. Some H alpha data likely would have
helped bring it out. I didn't find any distance estimates for this
Cepheus object.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=10x10' RB=10x10' G=5x10', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B174L10X10RB10X10G5X10r2.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	908.8 KB
ID:	3804  Click image for larger version

Name:	B174L10X10RB10X10G5X10r2-67.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	441.1 KB
ID:	3805  Click image for larger version

Name:	HH354r.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	3806