Put the Shuttles in Orbit and Leave them There (Why Not?)

Old April 25th 05, 01:29 AM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Put the Shuttles in Orbit and Leave them There (Why Not?)

My main beef with the Shuttle has been "You don't put wings on rockets.
Next you don't let people ride chemical solid rockets. These are the two
main reasons(there are others) why the Shuttle is not safe for blasting
off and coming back into the Earth's atmosphere.. Still they are
big,and that is good. They costed lots to build,and that makes them hard
to junk. This could be good space junk. Leave them in high and different
orbits. Use them like the ISS only they could be more flexible.
Astronauts can leave the Shuttles and come back to Earth with the safe
Apollo system.They could go back to the orbiting Shuttles in a safe
liquid rocket system. Doing this NASA can save its face. Doing this NASA
can save lives,and money. NASA should like this idea because it will
always get more money than it needs,and not spending more money is two
ways it can steal more money and still have the books balance. It
now only needs a small 4 man launch vehicle,it can also copy the
Russian,or Chinese way of rentry. NASA does know how to dock,and space
walk. Fuelling the orbiting Shuttles in space should be done by robots.
Bert

Old April 25th 05, 09:55 AM
Raving Loonie

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

What's that Bert? ... Everyone go outside. It's time to 'Walk the
plank'!

NASA does know how to dock,and space
walk. Fuelling the orbiting Shuttles in space should be done by

robots.
Bert

Most unfair of me.

Remember when we used to make jokes aboiut Russian and Chinese
technology?

How the world is changing ...

night,
snore snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Old April 25th 05, 10:53 AM
Double-A

Raving Loonie wrote:
G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

The Russian Soyuz spacecraft made another successful and uneventful
landing yesterday in Kazakhstan, returning three astronauts safely from
the ISS. The passengers included an American, an Italian, and a
Russian.

Congratulations are in order for the fine and reliable technology
provided by our Russian friends.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...ction=theworld

Double-A

Old April 25th 05, 08:01 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Double_A The Earth is a self contained space ship. Leaving the Earth
and going out in space,and back to Earth should be with humankinds best
brains from every country in the world. making it as safe as possible.
Once NASA showed how it wanted is mistakes covered up after the
Challenger. Once NASA told those 21 engineers that quit to keep their
mouths shuttle that the Shuttles were not safe We Americans knew
we were up against a Mafia political government agency. I truly hope
that mother of two thinks twice before piloting the Discovery. She can
be considered very brave. She can be considered crazy. If NASA is paying
her millions of bucks to do this,and that'is her main reason I hope she
gets the money up front.in cash.Not a check post dated. Bert

Old April 25th 05, 10:47 PM
Double-A

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

NASA ain't paying her **** to do this!

My sources say that Astronauts earn between $40,000 and $82,000 a year,
based on the civil service pay scale GS-11 to GS-14.

Life Insurance is available through the government for up to $250,000,
but they have to pay monthly premiums themselves. Private insurance
companies aren't going to touch them!

Double-A