Buy ETX 90 or ETX 105

Old August 4th 03, 06:18 PM
Tenex

Default Buy ETX 90 or ETX 105

James Harris wrote:
I wonder what the law is on this. I was actually told by a
dealer this week that Meade fix the retail prices.

Report your conversation in a simple email to Bob MacDowall of the OFT
he's charged with looking at the market and needs
anecdotal comments/reports.

Old August 4th 03, 06:20 PM
Tenex

pete lynch wrote:
In article , James Harris
wrote:
I wonder what the law is on this.

It looks to me like fairly blatant price-fixing.
Now that a bunch of companies have been fined for price fixing of
some sports goods, and the cases earlier in the year with Argos &
Littlewoods fixing the price of games, maybe it's time to blow
the whistle on this scam.
However it's quite small beer (unless you're an astronomer) so I
think it would be difficult to raise it's visibility to the point
where the OFT would take any notice, tho' a letter to

They will. I spoke with Bob MacDowell and he's collecting evidence so drop
him a line with your experience.

Old August 4th 03, 06:20 PM
Tenex

Old August 7th 03, 08:59 PM
James Harris

I wonder what Mr MacDowall will think of having his e-mail
posted? Hope he's got some good spam filters!