Random text generators?

Old January 28th 04, 02:48 PM
Alexander Whiteside

Default Random text generators?

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

:/

--
Later,

Alex W.

---

Old January 29th 04, 02:30 AM
Alan Moore

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:48:28 -0000, "Alexander Whiteside"
wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

I have, in fact, done some statistical analysis. It's about 40% of the
posters, but almost 80% of the posts.

Al Moore

Old January 30th 04, 12:09 PM
Benoit Morrissette

wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

:/

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod
tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At
vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren,
no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut
labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam
et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata
sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur
sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore
magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo
dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet.
Good night!

Benoît Morrissette
Old January 30th 04, 11:17 PM
Prai Jei

thusly:

wrote:

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

:/

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy
eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam
voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet
clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit
amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam
nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed
diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum.
Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor
sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed
diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam
erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea
rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum
dolor sit amet. Good night!

Benoît Morrissette

Ha mu surat dos shegodufil sil on surat omenaga niom, meno ha mu tesha
danaga valun Latin dumashai mo se gom dos ha salumashadran soda.

--
Paul Townsend
I put it down there, and when I went back to it, there it was GONE!

Interchange the alphabetic elements to reply
Old February 2nd 04, 07:12 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

"Alexander Whiteside" :

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

While I agree with the above statement, the interesting fact is that these
are not computer programs but instead are defective organic units suppling
the random text.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old February 2nd 04, 08:43 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Earl Colby Pottinger
writes
"Alexander Whiteside" :

Does anyone else get the feeling that half the posters on these newsgroups
are in fact powered by such a technology?

While I agree with the above statement, the interesting fact is that these
are not computer programs but instead are defective organic units suppling
the random text.

But do you really know that? Admittedly he only person I've ever met who
posts on Usenet is fully functional, and AFAIK he's organic. Hi Chris!
But I do wonder about some of the others. The Turing test comes to mind.
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!