Continental drift velocities?

Old November 14th 05, 11:55 AM
Jean-Paul Turcaud

Default Continental drift velocities?

Don,

The thing is that no differential rotation exists in the Earth structure
except
through exceptional circumstances, conducting to a reversing torque effect
whose evidence is available in many parts of the world.: cf Spitzberg, the
Kola peninsula etc
( I believe you have noted this in some of your publications)
Of course the causes of such could not be an Uniformism based process,
since we would see such thing in progress right now !
What is it then ?

In fact there a two main processes at work conducting to Earth relief, and
both cannot but be understood only within the UPL approach ( Universal
Pressure Law)
One lead to Earth Expansion and the transformation of heavy atoms to lighter
ones.
The second leads
a) to Orogenenesis as well as to Sills, Laccoliths spill ( soft hit by ???
.... )
b) to blue dirt ( Peridotite/Kimberlite/Serpentine) & dikes (hard hit by
meteorites)
You have been strongly criticised by Zenner, as I have noted since going
back today on past postings, this for not providing a satisfying mechanism
for Earth Expansion. This mechanism exists of course and is not relative to
the Earth only, but applies itself to any planet of our star system, as
well as to any planet of other star systems. That mechanism cannot be again
understood if not acquainted to the UPL.

The evidence you are providing on your site is superb, and should led to
interrogations on the value of present official Theories, at the very least.
.... but this is not the case unfortunately. Too many George & clones on the
sci.geo.ng at the present time... Sighhh !

Incidentally, I have found recently the answer to the global question
nagging me since years & relative to the overall orientations of Caledonian,
Hercynian & Alpine mountain ranges when comparing such to each others. Why
are Hercynian always oriented E-W and Alpine N-S ? Interesting question, Hey
?
As well why are Hercynian valleys narrower than Alpine valleys ?

I am sure than Georges and Zenner will come up with most satisfying answers
to those indeed

With best regards

--
Jean-Paul Turcaud
Exploration Geologist

~~ Ignorance Is The Cosmic Sin, The One Never Forgiven ! ~~

"don findlay" a écrit dans le message de news:

oriel36 wrote:
Have a ball with applying a differential rotation in the mantle with
the data you provided and a rough guide for a fluid celestial object
in motion -

http://www.astronomynotes.com/starsun/sun-rotation.gif

As a fluid in motion,the mantle is moving at 1000 mph at the Equator
and diminishing to zero at the poles and unlike a solid,if fractured
crust, there will be differentials in the form of bands generated by
the diminishing speeds depending on fluid densities in the mantle.I
assume that those who study fluid dynamics would take this as a matter
of course and not at all as an exception.

The way I see it, the closest we get to that is in the way spin has
affected the crust - a bit like the way the regular weather works in
twisting away from the equator towards the poles:-
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/ee/rupenin.html
That's in the crust of course and just in the northern hemisphere. The
southern hemisphere equivalent is in the way Australia and Antarctica
have detached from India/ Africa:-
http://users.indigo.net.au/don/ee/scangist.html
But that's in the crust, which is solid. And actually it's not in the
crust either. It's in the way that the *DISLOCATIONS* in the crust
make it look so. The crust is passive. A chain is only as strong as
its weakest link(s) and so it's not the crust, but the suite of
dislocations that are breaking it up that's making it weak and the
pattern to look like 'weather'. But that's a bit different from the
"differential rotation bands" you're talking about, which happen in a
fluid. We're still dealing with a solid which can be stressed, even in
the mantle. Behaving *Like* a fluid (on geologically long time
scales) is not the same thing as being one (today).

Coriolis? If we like, but I don't think there's much to be gained by
pushing the analogy too far. It confuses things.

Old November 14th 05, 12:03 PM

Dr. Hofstadter:

Things seem to be advancing fairly quickly. Unfortunately
(fortunately???), the ARTRAB effect (A Rising Tide Raises All Boats)
seems to be keeping most people from noticing it. Even me. But I don't
want to debate it. Hope you are doing well. When will we see a sequel
to Godel, Escher, Bach (GEB)?
*************************************
From: Douglas Hofstadter

To: "Don Stockbauer" Date: Fri, 28 Oct
2005 10:33:47 -0500

I don't know what "a sequel to GEB" means. I think of any book that I
have written since GEB as "a sequel to GEB". However, I have a book
coming out next spring called "I Am a Strange Loop" that some people
might consider more of a successor to GEB than, say, my
translation of "Eugene Onegin" was.

-- DH.
**********************************
Dear Dr. Hofstadter, 10/28/2005

Yes, you are right; I apologize. I was being facetious about a "sequel
to GEB", for I too consider all your books to be sequels. I have just
about all of them and they have a lot of annotations in them. I will
look eagerly for your new book in the spring. I continue to believe in
the "strong" version of the Global Brain theory (the Earth
literally becoming a living organism), even though I know one neuron
can know little of the mind it helps form. I think I catch fleeting
glimpses of it, especially when watching CNN. I wish you well.
Interesting times
to be living in.

Don Stockbauer

***************************************
Dear Dr. Hofstadter,

I humbly suggest a sequel or two to your upcoming book "I am a
strange loop":

1. "The Earth is an even stranger loop."

2. "The Galaxy is an even stranger yet loop."

3. "The Local Universe (within the causal
horizon) is pretty weird too"

4. "The Global Universe beyond the causal
horizon is probably a strange loop, but we wont know until NASA gets a
spacecraft there."

Oh, wait?? "I" in "I am a strange loop" is an
indefinite reference, so your present title could be used for all the
sequels for efficiency. My mother sums all this up. "Life is funny.
Life is funny." Oh, wellsky.

Don Stockbauer
Don:

Good suggestions for sequels to "I Am a Strange Loop"; however, since
they're your idea, I think you
should write them, not me. Or maybe the Earth itself could write the
first one, the Galaxy the second one, and so forth... -- DH.
************************************
Dear Dr. Hofstadter,

You have great insight. Yes, the Earth itself will have to
write the first one, the Galaxy the second. But you know, it would be
pretty amazing if the sequence went any higher. Communication between
galaxies is probably not in the cards. Also, the book's subject matter
would probably be more along the line of "How do I, Planet Earth, wean
my agents from fossil fuel" or "What do we do about these pesky gamma
ray bursters, terrorist threat to our very galactic being?" All very
interesting material to ponder. I appreciate your publishing your memes
through the years, adding to the blocks world people are using to
construct the future.

Don Stockbauer
*********************
Toodle-Lewd-Wench-Sky

Old November 14th 05, 02:59 PM
Wizard of Odd

Actual communication between galaxies will come through development of
inner psychic potential, as the mind can traverse above space and time
it is not limited to the physical properties of our three dimensional
universe.

Thus communication will be made instantly without delay.

Old November 14th 05, 03:57 PM
George

"Jean-Paul Turcaud" wrote in message
Don,

The thing is that no differential rotation exists in the Earth structure
except
through exceptional circumstances, conducting to a reversing torque
effect
whose evidence is available in many parts of the world.: cf Spitzberg,
the Kola peninsula etc
( I believe you have noted this in some of your publications)

Publications? DF? He hasn't published anything for at least 25 years.
And of course, you've never published anything in your life. By the way,
aren't you dead yet?