M42 & its surroundings at East, in H-alpha

Old December 7th 10, 10:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

Default M42 & its surroundings at East, in H-alpha

Hi all,

Still a new shots in H-alpha made with a telephoto lens of
300mm f/2.8 stop at f/4 directly from Rome!

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...2_300mm_ha.htm

Best regards,

Danilo Pivato
--
MyWebSite: http://www.danilopivato.com
MyJobs: http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_coeli/index.htm

Old December 8th 10, 03:40 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Dec 7, 3:18*pm, "Danilo Pivato" wrote:
Still a new shots in H-alpha made with a telephoto lens of
300mm f/2.8 stop at f/4 directly from Rome!

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...2_300mm_ha.htm

A beautiful image! And applying a hydrogen-alpha filter to a telephoto
lens, instead of a telescope is, I think, at least somewhat original
as well, supplying a view of a large area of sky in this fashion.

John Savard
Old December 8th 10, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Danilo Pivato:
Still a new shots in H-alpha made with a telephoto lens of
300mm f/2.8 stop at f/4 directly from Rome!

http://www.danilopivato.com/tabulae_...2_300mm_ha.htm

Quadibloc:
A beautiful image!

Lovely photo, indeed. And made from the city--which illustrates why I
am turning more and more to narrow-band photography as a means of
fighting the light pollution between Baltimore and Washington. My own
feeble effort at M42 in Ha is at
http://www.primordial-light.com/m42instrangelight.html#m42ha.

And applying a hydrogen-alpha filter to a telephoto
lens, instead of a telescope is, I think, at least somewhat original
as well, supplying a view of a large area of sky in this fashion.

Not entirely novel, in that it doesn't differ in principle from using a
very wide field astrograph. I used a Tak FSQ-106ED working at 387mm
Ÿ3.65 (via a Reducer QE) to photograph Orion's belt and surroundings a
month or so ago http://www.primordial-light.com/deepsky9.html#belt;
and in August I did a wide view of the Gamma Cygni nebula with the same
setup http://www.primordial-light.com/deepsky8.html#gammacygwide.
Click for the larger version, and see another wide-field Ha photo at
the bottom of he page.

Pierre Vandevenne:
Crisp has been doing it for several years, But that doesn't remove
anything to the quality of Danilo's image of course

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/home_page.htm

Mr. Pivato and Mr. Crisp are only two of a host of people who, so to
speak, play in a different league to the one I am in.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old December 8th 10, 10:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Pierre Vandevenne

On 8 déc, 20:33, Davoud wrote:

fighting the light pollution between Baltimore and Washington. My own
feeble effort at M42 in Ha is at
http://www.primordial-light.com/m42instrangelight.html#m42ha.

It's excellent when one takes into account the quality of your skies
and the number of clear sky nights at your location.

Old December 9th 10, 12:03 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Dec 8, 6:52*am, Pierre Vandevenne wrote:

Crisp has been doing it for several years, But that doesn't remove
anything to the quality of Danilo's image of course

Maybe I should have said "uncommon" instead of "original" to avoid
confusion. I attribute a degree of originality to all those who choose
the road less taken, not only the first.

John Savard
Old December 10th 10, 05:50 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Danilo Pivato

I thank you all!
Best regards,

Danilo Pivato