periodicity of Ice Ages compared to mass-extinctions

Old August 12th 03, 07:27 AM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default periodicity of Ice Ages compared to mass-extinctions

If my theory that mass extinctions are directly related to one main
proponent--
decrease in Solar Radiation due to the swallowing of the Sun of astro
bodies
on a periodic bases, is true in part or whole would also imply that
the periodicity of the Ice Ages is most likely a result of the
swallowing of
a stream set of comets or asteroids or OortCloud objects.

Below I list 2 different websites, one showing a periodicity for Mass
Extinctions
and the other showing a periodicity for the Ice Ages in the
Pleistocene.

If my theory is correct would suggest that the both the Mass
Extinctions
and Ice Ages have something in common. That the Sun radiation was
lowered on a
periodicity because of swallowing up of comets, asteroids, OortCloud
objects
and even moons and planets.

Do comets or meteors have orbits that matches the periodicity of the
Ice Ages?

If the conventional wisdom for the cause of the Ice Ages as a
migration of the
tilt of the axis by Earth is true, then the Ice Ages should be a
normal phenomenon going back to the earliest beginnings of Earth. And
that there should
be about 4 Ice Ages per every 2 million years stretching back as far
as 4 billion
years. But if the Ice Ages were caused by the Sun swallowing up comet
streams
or OortCloud objects then the Pleistocene Ice Ages are a unique and
rare event.

I have a question here? Do geologists know of any meteors that struck
Earth and have a pattern that matches the 4 glacial periods versus the
interglacial periods. You see, if Sun Swallowing is the cause of the
Ice Ages then some of the comets or meteors swallowed by the Sun by
happenstance collided with Earth as
Earth got into the way but was really destined for the Sun.

So my question is really whether any meteors or comets of a large type
were found
in the Interglacial periods of the Pleistocene. If I am really lucky,
then there should be found say about 4 large meteor strikes on Earth,
one for each Interglacial period.

If memory serves me correctly, that Germany has a city built on the
center of a
meteor impact site. I do not recall if it is dated to the Interglacial
time period.

A few days ago I posted a periodicity of about 26 million years as
listed
in this website:

http://lilt.ics.hawaii.edu/belvedere...ons/Period.htm

Sepkoksi said, "I'm stuck for a mechanism for causing such a

period.
We are aware of no documented process with a cycling time of
approximately 26 million years."

Period
Million Years b.p.
% Extinction
36
16
end-Cretaceous
66
46
82
23
120
16
end-Jurassic
144
20
160
20
190
23
end-Triassic
213
44
end-Permian
248
60+

Percent of genera of marine animals that became extinct at

various
times.

(From Raup and Sepkoski, 1984; and Fox, 1987).

http://lilt.ics.hawaii.edu/belvedere...ons/Period.htm

The best I could find for the periodicity of Ice Ages is not that
good:

quoting http://www.geevor.com/education/cd/t...meline_05.html
The Pleistocene Ice Ages

Time
Event
2,000,000
Ludhamian Ice Age Stage, temperate climate, Pleistocene
onset of climatic deterioration.
1,900,000
Thurnian Ice Age Stage, cold climate, tundra vegetation.
740,000
Pastonian, temperate climate. Timezone names here and
below are divisions of the British
European Ice Ages.
700,000
Beestonian, cold climate, permafrost known.
660,000
Cromerian, temperate climate, Tertiary relict plants.
Birch, pine and spruce vegetation. Bison,
horse, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, mammoth.
350,000
Anglian, glacial. Evidence of man in Kent's Cavern,
Torquay. Grass and sedge vegetation.
250,000
Hoxnian, interglacial, warm. Birch, pine, oak and alder
vegetation. Hippopotamus, rhinoceros,
cave bear, cave lion. In Britain there is the Clactonian
tool producing flint industry.
200,000
Wolstonian, glacial. Ice floes in English Channel? Grass
and sedge vegetation, Woolly
rhinoceros, wolf, reindeer, cave lion.
125,000
Ipswichian, interglacial, warm. Formation of the 25 foot
(eight metre) raised beach deposits
prevalent along many coasts. This is distinguished from
angular periglacial head (the product
of permafrost freeze-thaw erosion) mainly by the rounded
boulders. Both types can be clearly
seen just south of Cape Cornwall at Porth Nanven

Birch and pine vegetation. Hippopotamus, hyena, bison,
auroch (large ox) red deer, cave lion.
72,000
Early Devensian Glacial, cold. Sub-arctic tundra.
Mammoth, woolly rhinoceros, reindeer, musk
ox, horse, lemming at various times throughout the period
of Devensian glaciations
61,000
Chelford Interstadial, temperate to cold. Coniferous
forest. Lower Palaeolithic.
56,000
Middle Devensian Glacial, cold. Sub-arctic tundra.
42,000
Upton Warren Interstadial. Temperate climate, open grassy
plains Middle Palaeolithic.
http://www.geevor.com/education/cd/t...meline_05.html

Archimedes Plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
Old August 12th 03, 12:02 PM
George

Default periodicity of Ice Ages compared to mass-extinctions - troll alert!

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
om...

Why do you persist with this tripe, when no one is even close to buying this
hogwash. We've told you repeatedly that your theory has no probability of
validity whatsoever for reasons that have been stated repeatedly. So give
it up, and stop posting irrelevent bull**** on this newgroup. You can't
rewrite the geological record no matter how hard you try.

Old August 12th 03, 07:21 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

There is a group of meteor showers every year at a regular time. If memory
serves they are called the Leonid and/or Persis meteor shower. Now I wonder
if at one time in the past they were actually more larger such as the Asteroid
belt and that they regularly had asteroids of a large size and that they were
regularly swallowed by the Sun and especially during the Pleistocene Ice
Age and the direct cause of those 4 patterns of Ice Ages in the Pleistocene.

Old August 12th 03, 09:14 PM
George

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
There is a group of meteor showers every year at a regular time. If memory
serves they are called the Leonid and/or Persis meteor shower. Now I

wonder
if at one time in the past they were actually more larger such as the

Asteroid
belt and that they regularly had asteroids of a large size and that they

were
regularly swallowed by the Sun and especially during the Pleistocene Ice
Age and the direct cause of those 4 patterns of Ice Ages in the

Pleistocene.

Archimedes Plutonium,
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies

Dude, the leonids are small particles left behind by the Tuttle-Tempel
Comet. They travel in the same orbit as the comet. The Persiad meteor
shower are small particles left behind by the Swift-Tuttle comet. You
really should get an education before you post such idiotic nonsense.