New Orleans Mayor issues SOS

Old September 2nd 05, 11:29 AM
nightbat

Default New Orleans Mayor issues SOS

nightbat wrote

Oh the humanity, the Mayor of New Orleans issues SOS for
all folks trying to stay alive in the City of New Orleans. They need
immediate Government and all World help right now, not tomorrow, for
many dying, getting sick, get the word out. Never in the known history
of civilized mankind has so much destruction been naturally presented in
one area. Five large cities lost and more loss of life and devastation
along the coast and inland. The President is doing everything he can but
needs help. For instance Officer Bert can you get some of your bike
boats over there? We could possibly save flooded trapped thousands.
Officer Greysky try to reestablish comm. links over at FEMA. All Earth
Science Officers turn duty to for time is running out for many in the
devastated Gulf Coast.

See:
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/default.jsp

carry on,
the nightbat
Old September 2nd 05, 11:48 AM
Ray Vingnutte

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:29:42 -0500
nightbat wrote:

[...]

I won't bother posting a link cos it's readable practicaly on every news
site. They tried to enter that dome to start rescue but were scared off
by shots being fired at the helicopters. I have to ask this, where the
hell are law enforcement and the military, or was that the
military????.. Helicopter gun ships need to go in first it seems, oh I
expect they are all in Iraq.

Old September 2nd 05, 12:55 PM
Rising Loonie

nightbat wrote:

[...]

If I were in the superdome, I would be livid furious. .. Perhaps even
cheering the shooters on !!!!

Don't you see ...

"We have to protect our genteel Southernly ways first ...

Providing water, food, relief is de-emphasized. It's not so relevent.

... that is the reason for the re-action by the survivors on the
ground.

Bush is going to Biloxi ... NOT N.O. ... too dangerous. ... not
worth the risk/bother/votes for mthe republicans. ... send 'Mikey' in
instead.

Nobody even says 'boo' about it.

Old September 2nd 05, 01:34 PM
Rising Loonie

Rising Loonie wrote:
Ray Vingnutte wrote:
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 05:29:42 -0500
nightbat wrote:

On a lighter, irrelevent, distracting and completely frivolous note:

See http://tinyurl.com/cnhy5

Old September 2nd 05, 02:35 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi nightbat Ask why the navy does not bring in inflatable life rafts??
Why no army water trucks?? Why no army generators?? Why no army tents??
I could go on and on. Looking at your TV tells the answer. These people
are the poorest blacks of the south. Most had no money to leave before
Katrina hit. Most did not know how dangerous New Orleans was. The
politicians knew,and like the rats they are were the first to find
safety. Now nature's forces will start killing off the children first,
old, and mothers next. Men will kill men. That will be the political
final solution. Survival of the fittest. This was all accomplished by
those in power stalling and stalling. Coning and coning. Just doing
nothing was all it took. Helicopters showing dynamic rescues on TV was
just part of their con game. Best we think about the big picture,and
realize nothing was really done in the last four days,and that was the
best time for helping the poor blacks These men with guns that would
have died soon,are now taking out their revenge. We will see in the next
few days New Orleans like we see most Iraq cities. Bert

Old September 2nd 05, 02:48 PM
Greysky

. ..
nightbat wrote:

[...]

Unfortunately, most police left their posts (deserted) as soon as they knew
they no longer had the upper hand.... Order will not be restored to those
areas for many weeks. Till then, its rule of Might, with thugs who either
want to get theirs, or get their revenge for past grievances with said
Cops.. Maybe if Robotic Darla Lifeboats appeared above those cities to
evacuate needy civilians. ..

Greysky

Old September 2nd 05, 04:13 PM
Raving Loonie

G=EMC^2 Glazier wrote:
[...]

Another sign of what is wrong, Bert ...

.... Not race, here or now ...

Rather, ...

power
money
self interest

See below:

RL

--------------------------------

See http://tinyurl.com/cpt2m

" NEW ORLEANS (AP) - First the U.S. government took the buses hired to
evacuate them. Then their hotels turned them out onto the desolate
streets.

They trudged for blocks to walk over a bridge, but police wouldn't let
them cross - and fired a few warning shots over their heads to convince
them not to try.

And the night was coming down.

Despairing, dozens of trapped tourists huddled on a downtown street
corner and waited for dark.

"I grew up in an upper-middle class family," said Canadian visitor
Larry Mitzel, 53, of Saskatoon. "Street life is foreign to me. I'm not
sure I'm going to get out of here alive."

The fate of tourists in dozens of hotels was caught up in the days of
chaos and confusion that came after hurricane Katrina.

Many smaller hotels shut down. The largest housed hundreds and hundreds
of guests and took in refugees from the storm. How many remained
Thursday was unclear.

Tourists and hotel managers alike condemned government officials for
ignoring them.

"The tourists are an afterthought here," said Bill Hedrick of Houston,
who went to New Orleans on business and was trapped with his wife and
elderly mother-in-law.

"We're appalled," said Jill Johnson, 53, of Saskatoon. "This city is
built on tourism and we're their last priority."

Peter Ambros, general manager of the Astor Crowne Plaza in the French
Quarter, said guests who bring business to the hotels are "treated 10
times worse than the people at the Superdome."

He helped arrange the hiring of 10 buses to evacuate 500 guests from
his and a nearby hotel - at a cost of $25,000 US.

Then the
Federal Emergency Management Agency commandeered the buses and police
told the guests to go to the nearby convention centre, where a crowd
left without food, water or security was growing angry.

Instead, the tourists - dragging their rolling luggage through broken
glass, smashed bricks and trash - tried to cross a huge bridge blocks
away.

They were turned back when another group trying to cross began to
threaten the officers, said Whit Herndon, 32, of Jonesboro, Ark.

As night approached, the tourists stuck close together on a corner of
the downtown waterfront and within sight of a police gathering point.

Officers brought them food and water and promised buses would come for
them. Most prepared to sleep, sheltered by a concrete overhang.

The tourists put on a game face and prepared to sleep.

Ann Robertson, a 50-year-old vocational counsellor from Nashville,
Tenn., looked on the bright side. They had food, there was safety in
numbers - but then she looked at the sky.

"I don't know," she said, "I never slept on the street before." "

Old September 2nd 05, 06:10 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi RL Thanks for that information. Cops in New Orleans remind me of
Boston'[s Roxberry section. It was called the combat zone. I remember
living near LA when Watts exploded. Now New Orleans is the combat
zone. All this only proves the last words of Darwin. If enough people
die it will give the polititican the right to lock the doors of the
stadiums,and block the bridges,and have army tanks seeing that only
corpes will be left,and flame throwers will set fire to their bodies.
All this will be done in the name of humanity. Justified because it
stopped the spread of germs. Reality is killing (Deaths) are a cheap
final solution. The fact that I see no water trucks is my main reason
for coming to this very sickning conclusion. New Orleans its water
water every where but not a drop to drink. Bert

Old September 7th 05, 11:45 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

This weeks Time mag bashed Bush (page 51) Title of story "Dipping
His Toe Into Disaster" He looked at senator Trent Lott's house in
Mississippi,and promised Lott that the house would be rebuilt,and he is
looking forward when both can sit on the front porch. I wonder how all
those poor black families feel about that as they are walking through
waist high water,and no clean place to sleep tonight,and dead bodies
floating by. Well I did not vote for him Beert