Mercury & Venus

Old June 28th 05, 10:29 PM
Daniele Gasparri

Default Mercury & Venus

The two planets were fantastic yesterday! I captured this image:
http://www.marcofazzoli.com/danieleg...nus_050627.htm
I hope you like!
Clear skies!

--
Daniele Gasparri
Perugia (Italy)

Old June 29th 05, 12:01 AM
AM

"Daniele Gasparri" wrote in message
The two planets were fantastic yesterday! I captured this image:
http://www.marcofazzoli.com/danieleg...nus_050627.htm
I hope you like!

Wow, nice picture !!!

I almost kinda hate you right now I cant even get to see them
from my local, due to weather, and no real horizon views from
anywhere near my house. (hills, and more houses on top of hills)

The weather has been the real killer.

Keep on taking pic's, and please post the links here !

Allan

--
Only A Gentleman Can Insult Me And A True Gentleman Never Will

Old June 29th 05, 12:12 AM
G.T.

"AM" wrote in message

"Daniele Gasparri" wrote in message
The two planets were fantastic yesterday! I captured this image:

http://www.marcofazzoli.com/danieleg...enus_050627.ht
I hope you like!

Wow, nice picture !!!

No kidding! That is cool.

Greg

Old June 29th 05, 12:22 AM
gubbenimanen

Thanks Daniele!
This is exactly what I saw with my 8 inch reflector at 170x
magnification at that time but with a daylight blue background. What
puzzles me is that according to simulation programs and calendars the
phase is more than half while your photo and my observation seems to
suggest less than half or half moon. Could it be due to surface
details, limb darkening or the low resolution I had?

Roger Persson

Old June 29th 05, 01:10 AM
gubbenimanen

I read in a book that this phenomenon has a name: the Schr=F6ter effect
or phase anomaly.

Roger Persson

Old June 29th 05, 04:02 AM
RichA

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:29:44 GMT, "Daniele Gasparri"
wrote:

The two planets were fantastic yesterday! I captured this image:
http://www.marcofazzoli.com/danieleg...nus_050627.htm
I hope you like!
Clear skies!

Very nice shot! Could you imagine if Venus were a cresent too?
-Rich
Old June 29th 05, 10:23 AM
gubbenimanen

I saw clearly that Venus was gibbous, almost full. The problem was with
Mercury because of its small size and lower contrast. By the way I did
not detect any surface details on the planets and I did not use any
filter. Couldn't find/see Saturn. I made the observation two hours
before sunset from latitude +57.7=B0 in Sweden.

Roger Persson

Old June 29th 05, 03:39 PM
Pete Lawrence

wrote:

The two planets were fantastic yesterday! I captured this image:
http://www.marcofazzoli.com/danieleg...nus_050627.htm
I hope you like!
Clear skies!

Lovely shot Daniele. Makes me wish I had taken my webcam to the beach
too...
--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk