Retrograde orbits are now approved (what could possibly go wrong?)

Old April 7th 12, 03:27 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Harold Groot

Default Retrograde orbits are now approved (what could possibly go wrong?)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 06:43:38 -0700, "Hägar" wrote:

So, how many satellites are in those retrograde-polar orbits?

*** None ... they are in a Polar Orbit.

Hmmmm... there could be reasons for a real retrograde orbit. I'm not
an expert, but I seem to recall that Israel would have to use a
retrograde orbit for any satellites they put up from their own land.
If the launched to the east (in the direction of enemy nations) it
would initially be seen as a missile attack on those nations - and if
the launch was a failure and things came down from the sky on those
nations, even more so. There could be immediate retaliatory strikes.
So their only reasonable launch path would be to the west over the
Mediterranean Sea, i.e. retrograde.

Of course, maybe they could rent launch facilities from a nation that
had them (some friendly nation with facilities with ocean to the
east). But in general I don't think Israel would want to be dependent
on other nations for something that would involve their own national
security. Hitching a ride to the Space Station, sure, not a problem.
But having someone else launch their own spy satellites would be
something quite different. They might consider the extra cost to
boost in "the wrong direction" well worth it to have everything under
their complete control.

Old April 8th 12, 06:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
GordonD

"Harold Groot" wrote in message
[...]

This is correct. Israel's first satellite (Ofeq 1) was launched in September
1988 and its orbit was inclined at 143 degrees to the Equator. All their
satellites since have been placed in similar orbits.

--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

Old April 8th 12, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 8, 10:57*am, "GordonD" wrote:
[...]

Since most satellites have been public funded, you'd think we'd be
allowed to know a little more about them, and of what other
interference or gauntlet they could be up against.

Since an encounter at any few m/sec could be just as lethal as any at
10+ km/sec, is perhaps why retrograde orbits are no big deal as long
as we always know at all times what we're up against, and having some
maneuverability to work with.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#
Old April 9th 12, 02:51 AM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Harold Groot

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:57:26 +0100, "GordonD"
wrote:

"Harold Groot" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Ah, with that name I looked it up at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ofeq

It mentions that while all the Ofeq series satellites were launched
from Israel and went west, there were other Israeli satellites (like
the Amos series) that were launched from sites in other nations,
heading east.

Old April 9th 12, 12:54 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
GordonD

wrote:

"Harold Groot" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yes, I should have said "all their satellites launched from Israel..."

Note that the article you linked to says that they had at least two launch
failures, which shows the wisdom of not aiming for a conventional orbit. You
do *not* want to be dropping rocket stages on a potentially hostile foreign
country.

Old April 9th 12, 02:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Warhol[_1_]

Op 9-4-2012 3:51, Harold Groot schreef:
On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:57:26 +0100,
wrote:

"Harold wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 06:43:38 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Can here in this thread someone proof those satellites exist... please
people only proof of one thing there above would be very welcome...

SO PLEASE ALL STOP TALKING LIKE PARROTS... since none of you can even
proof rockets work in vacuum or satellites are "*flying above*" our
heads watching us... I Defy you all... proof ones in your life time what
you believe in really exist...

Pigsrael has not Satellites or Atomic weapons or any roots... its all
scam...

Now I will await any proof from any one that can proves I am wrong...
but in mean time I call you all parrots, dogs and *******s because you
all repeat words you heard from some liars and deceivers...

http://www.purepirate.com/images/pro...ot-napkins.jpg
Old April 9th 12, 02:29 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 9, 6:05*am, Warhol wrote:
Op 9-4-2012 3:51, Harold Groot schreef:

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:57:26 +0100,
wrote:

"Harold *wrote in message
. ..
[...]

http://www.purepirate.com/images/pro...parrot-napkins...

We can't help anyone that doesn't want to be helped.

Just do the math and it'll tell even a dysfunctional Moor that
satellited do exist.

Old April 9th 12, 04:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Warhol[_1_]

wrote:

"Harold wrote in message
[...]

they don't... thats why none here can silent me, NASA shill...

the most simple proof you can't provide... rocket technology doesn't
work in vacuum and the needed velocity they never can obtain... so
simple is truth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Y0ho1NLbA

Old April 9th 12, 05:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Apr 9, 6:05 am, *wrote:
Op 9-4-2012 3:51, Harold Groot schreef:

On Sun, 8 Apr 2012 18:57:26 +0100,
wrote:

"Harold * *wrote in message
. ..
[...]

* Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

they don't... thats why none here can silent me, NASA shill...

the most simple proof you can't provide... rocket technology doesn't
work in vacuum and the needed velocity they never can obtain... so
simple is truth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Y0ho1NLbA

You Moors still don't understand how a gun or any other explosive
action/reaction works?

No wonder they had to run you Moors out of town. It was too
embarrassing to keep explaining why you crazy Moors were allowed on
the public streets.
Old April 9th 12, 07:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,uk.sci.misc,alt.journalism
Warhol[_1_]

wrote:

"Harold wrote in message
[...]

we invented the gun and the canon and the rocket and the missile and
much more toys... keyword is TOYS for kids...

and with toys you don't get to heaven... believe me.