"our mind is a virgin forest

Old September 24th 05, 03:09 PM
Twittering One

Default "our mind is a virgin forest

"our mind is a virgin forest of killed friends..."

"our mind is a virgin forest of killed friends.
And if I talk to you with fairy tales and parables
it is because you listen to it more sweetly,
and you can't talk of horror because it's alive

because it doesn't speak and moves
it drips the day, it drips on sleep
like a pain reminding of evils.

To speak of heroes to speak of heroes: Michalis
who left with open wounds from hospital
may have talked of heroes when, that night
he was dragging his foot in the blacked-out city,
was screaming feeling our pain 'in the dark
we go, in the dark we move...'
Heroes move in the dark."

~ G. Seferis,
From "Teleftaios Stathmos"

http://www.fhw.gr/chronos/14/en/1940...on/pigi03.html

~ * ~
Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
_________________
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

Old September 24th 05, 04:08 PM
Twittering One

Strophe (Turning ~ Point)

"George Seferis was born in Smyrna in 1900 and died in Athens in
1971. In 1931 he published, at this own expense, a collection of poetry
with the ambiguous title 'Strophe' (meaning both part of a poem and
'turning-point').

The collection contained thirteen short poems, most of them in
traditional metre and rhythm, and a more extensive poem, the cryptic
'Erotikos Logos,' in 96 rhymed 15-syllable verses, which vividly
brings to mind Erotokritos, the celebrated Cretan 17th century poem."

http://greece.poetryinternational.org/cwolk/view/17984

*

Strophe ~ The first of two movements
Made by the chorus in a classical Greek drama,
Or the part of an ode sung during, thusly.

The first type of metrical form in a poem, alternating
Two contrasting metrical forms.

Antistrophe ~ The second of two movements
Made by the chorus in a classical Greek drama,
Or the section of an ode sung
During this movement.

The chorus moves back in the opposite direction
After the first movement,
The Strophe.

The second type of metrical form in a poem
That alternates two contrasting
Metrical forms.

Old September 24th 05, 04:17 PM
Twittering One

Pirouette ~ A fast complete spin of the body,
Especially one performed on the tip of the toe
Or the ball of one foot in ballet.

To perform a fast body spin
On one foot,
Especially in ballet ~ !

Old September 24th 05, 04:21 PM
Twittering One

"Rich or Famous,
Or dinner @ The Algonquin ~ ?"
~ Folly

~ * The Turning Point ~

"Shirley MacLaine and Anne Bancroft star in this musical drama and
touching portrait of the world of dance in New York City.

A ballet star (Anne Bancroft) is reunited with her best friend and
rival (Shirley MacLaine) after years apart.

Against the engrossing background of the world of ballet, their stories
unfold, revealing the difficult choices and aching losses each woman
has faced. The film features Mikhail Baryshnikov's fim debut, with
sumptous choreography."

http://www.bestprices.com/cgi-bin/vl...1307597IE.html

Old September 24th 05, 04:25 PM
Twittering One

"Being There, or
Done gone ~

~ * Le Graphique de
Deade Dog Doggone Bone Knot * ~

As advertised on
Channel Z ~ ?"
~ Pinnacles

Old September 24th 05, 04:43 PM
Twittering One

Jean Rouch:

Cin=E9ma-v=E9rit=E9,
Chronicle of a Summer
and The Human Pyramid

~ Barbara Bruni

"Not much has been written about ethnographic filmmaker Jean Rouch's
documentary The Human Pyramid (1960) in comparison to the interest
aroused by Chronique D'Un =C9t=E9 (Chronicle of a Summer, 1961), the
product of his collaboration with sociologist Edgar Morin.

While most of his earlier documentaries were filmed in Africa,
Chronicle of a Summer is set in Paris in the aftermath of the Algerian
war and just before the explosion of social riots that came to dominate
that decade.

Chronicle of a Summer does not follow an established structure but is
driven in an unpredictable manner by its characters and their reactions
to the camera.

It is arguably Rouch's best-known work, and has been widely discussed
in the context of documentary filmmaking for its innovative cinematic
techniques, its choice of scenario (the rough, urban streets of Paris
during a significant historical moment) and for being the first film to
define itself using the term cin=E9ma-v=E9rit=E9."

http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/01/19/rouch.html

Old September 24th 05, 04:46 PM
Twittering One

"our mind is a virgin forest..."
~ George

"Sometimes I feel mine has been defoliated
Since the summer of 1967.

Happy Saturday
~Twittering~ "
~ AB

"What happened
In 1967 ~ ?"
~ Twittering

"Best short plays,
Produced, directed, starring All
Stars ..."
~ Candy

Old September 24th 05, 04:51 PM
Twittering One

"O, say, were you seated
In your dentist's chair,

Or conversely ~

Your Chaire at The Eternal Libraire,
The Morgan Libraire,

By any bloody chance
In Hell ~ ?"
~ Fobby

"O, Fob, I thought this,
The Morgue ~ ?
~ Folly

Old September 24th 05, 05:01 PM
Twittering One

"THRUSH

Ephemeral issue of a vicious daemon and a harsh fate,
why do you force me to speak of things that it would be better for you
not to know.

SILENUS TO MIDAS*

The house near the sea*

The houses I had they took away from me. The times
happened to be unpropitious: war, destruction, exile;
sometimes the hunter hits the migratory birds,
sometimes he doesn't hit them. Hunting
was good in my time, many felt the pellet;
the rest circle aimlessly or go mad in the shelters.

Don't talk to me about the nightingale or the lark
or the little wagtail
inscribing figures with his tail in the light ...

~ George Seferis,
From "Thrush"

http://greece.poetryinternational.org/cwolk/view/17988