DO HYPNOTISTS TAKE THE OTHER EINSTEIN SERIOUSLY?

Old June 14th 07, 09:31 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default DO HYPNOTISTS TAKE THE OTHER EINSTEIN SERIOUSLY?

At first sight it seems hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult do take
the other Einstein seriously:

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/pdf...09145525ca.pdf
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/20279

But then a careful examination shows they do not. When commenting on:

Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot be
based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures. Then
nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."

John Stachel says something like this:

http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.c...ldResize=False

"He...If I go down, everything goes down....he he he....."

Other hypnotists are unable to say even this - heads in, mouths full
of, sand.

Pentcho Valev

Old June 14th 07, 11:41 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Jeckyl

"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
ups.com...
At first sight it seems hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult do take

Poor obsessed little Pentcho.

Old June 14th 07, 10:18 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Shubee

On Jun 14, 1:31 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:

Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot be
based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures. Then
nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."

I accept this statement by Einstein as the smartest thing he has ever
said.

Shubee
http://www.everythingimportant.org/r...ty/special.pdf

Old June 15th 07, 08:08 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Jeckyl wrote:
"Pentcho Valev" wrote in message
ups.com...
At first sight it seems hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult do take

Poor obsessed little Pentcho.

Don't worry. Now see two possible reasons why theoretical physics is
dead:

Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot be
based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures. Then
nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."

http://www.ekkehard-friebe.de/wallace.htm
Bryan Wallace: "Einstein's special relativity theory with his second
postulate that the speed of light in space is constant is the linchpin
that holds the whole range of modern physics theories together.
Shatter this postulate, and modern physics becomes an elaborate
farce!"

If you are a clever relativist, you will be able to combine the two
views and extract a useful conclusion. Are you a clever relativist?

Pentcho Valev

Old June 29th 07, 08:39 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev wrote:
At first sight it seems hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult do take
the other Einstein seriously:

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/pdf...09145525ca.pdf
http://www.nybooks.com/articles/20279

But then a careful examination shows they do not. When commenting on:

Einstein: "I consider it entirely possible that physics cannot be
based upon the field concept, that is on continuous structures. Then
nothing will remain of my whole castle in the air, including the
theory of gravitation, but also nothing of the rest of contemporary
physics."

John Stachel says something like this:

http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.c...ldResize=False

"He...If I go down, everything goes down....he he he....."

Other hypnotists are unable to say even this - heads in, mouths full
of, sand.

While in the sand, hypnotists' heads are producing the following
thought:

"Obviously we should abandon the original Einstein, the other Einstein
and if there is a third Einstein, we should abandon him as well. But
the change will not be substantial: we managed to destroy human
rationality and Einstein's zombie world will never know what we
abandon and what we do not abandon. And the grateful humanity will
continue to pay us because we will be experts on quantum mechanics or
anything else. And Einstein criminal cult will last forever."

Pentcho Valev

Old June 29th 07, 04:24 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Randy Poe

http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/pdf...articles/20279

http://streamer.perimeterinstitute.c...NoPopupRedirec...

"He...If I go down, everything goes down....he he he....."

Other hypnotists are unable to say even this - heads in, mouths full
of, sand.

Idiot.

Everyone, that is, EVERYONE, is aware that relativity, being a
physical
theory, can be falsified. We haven't found the limits of its domain of
applicability yet, which is remarkable but I don't think anyone
expects
that state of affairs to last forever.

Except idiots like you with some sort of religious mania about it. The
only people who ever use words like "priest", "religion", "orthodox",
or "infallible" in connection with Einstein. For the rest of us, the
status
is "OK so far". In fact, I suspect there are many like me who would
be delighted to be alive in a time where it were falsified. It would
be very exciting to see the next scientific revolution.

What you fail to realize is that its amazing accuracy means that
it will always have a domain of applicability even if technically
wrong, just as Newtonian dynamics does even though technically
we know Newton is "wrong". So because it gives the right answers,
it's not going to go away as a technique for finding those answers.

- Randy

Old June 29th 07, 05:01 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Randy Poe wrote:
[...]

Although you still do not know what exactly relativity predicts:
length contraction or, as Master Tom Roberts claims, "length
projection"? Perhaps only relativity zombies say "OK so far". Cleverer
relativists are rather embarrassed:

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11614
"At the end of a new book called It's About Time, the recently retired
physics professor N. David Mermin, who taught relativity at Cornell
for decades, asks the same question. He asks of moving sticks and
clocks that allegedly shrink and lag: "Do these things really happen,
or are they just secondary manifestations... leading to disagreements
about what constitutes a valid measurement?" Mermin's answer is one
that you might consider surprising in a book published exactly 100
years after Einstein's theory was invented: There is by no means
unanimity among practicing physicists on this question, and one
frequently finds assertions that, for example, moving clocks appear to
run slowly when measured by stationary ones, or that moving sticks
appear to shrink."

Pentcho Valev

Old June 29th 07, 05:36 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Androcles[_2_]

"Randy Poe" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On Jun 14, 4:31 am, Pentcho Valev wrote:
: At first sight it seems hypnotists in Einstein criminal cult do take
: the other Einstein seriously:
:
:
[...]

Hahaha! Nice to see Pentcho has you all riled up, Poe.
So EVERYONE is aware that relativity, being a physical
theory, can be falsified.
Glad to hear it. Now tell it to the ****heads you've been
encouraging to believe in crap.

Old June 29th 07, 06:26 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.philosophy.tech,sci.astro
Randy Poe

oups.com...
: http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/pdf...0-433a-b7e3-4a...
:
[...]

You have no idea what the difference between "falsifiable" and
"false" is, do you? Yes, everyone in science is aware that relativity
is a scientific hypothesis and may therefore eventually be found
to incorrectly predict the results of an experiment. Just because that
hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

It is only the crackpots who think relativity has this exalted status
above the scientific method. Relativity is believed because it
is in agreement with experiment TO DATE.

Did you miss the part where I said relativity gives the right
answers and has always been right so far?

BTW, I did not join the pileup in wishing you ill. I'm glad you're
out of the hospital more or less unscathed. Welcome back.

- Randy

Old June 29th 07, 07:01 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.physics.cond-matter,sci.astro,sci.philosophy.tech
Pentcho Valev

Sam Wormley wrote:
Pentcho Valev wrote:

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11614
"At the end of a new book called It's About Time, the recently retired
physics professor N. David Mermin, who taught relativity at Cornell
for decades, asks the same question. He asks of moving sticks and
clocks that allegedly shrink and lag: "Do these things really happen,
or are they just secondary manifestations... leading to disagreements
about what constitutes a valid measurement?" Mermin's answer is one
that you might consider surprising in a book published exactly 100
years after Einstein's theory was invented: There is by no means
unanimity among practicing physicists on this question, and one
frequently finds assertions that, for example, moving clocks appear to
run slowly when measured by stationary ones, or that moving sticks
appear to shrink."

Pentcho Valev

Reality is what one measures Pentcho. The Lorentz-FitzGerald contraction
is an observer dependent phenomenon. Contraction for one observer can
be quite different for another observer. A bit of self education might
help you.

Wormley you will have to consider Problem 7 ("Seeing behind the
stick") when a pawl is added to the setup:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...724e78e78dde0?

and answer the question: How long is the trapped stick? Your brother
Poe has just resolved the problem and discovered that the length of
the trapped stick is shorter than L, that is, there is a real,
physical, contraction. However Master Tom Roberts disagrees and says
there is no length contraction at all - there is only "length
projection". What do YOU think?

Pentcho Valev