Traking Atlantis on it's way home

Old July 2nd 07, 03:01 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Craig Fink

Default Traking Atlantis on it's way home

To follow Atlantis on it's way home
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA905
Currently from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska to Campbell Air Force Base,
KY
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @
Old July 4th 07, 03:06 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
tscottme

Don't tell the US Army that Ft. Campbell is an Air Force base.

--

Scott

Arab culture is so dysfunctional that Islam was an improvement.
nk.net...

Old July 5th 07, 05:26 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
John A. Weeks III

In article et,
Craig Fink wrote:

To follow Atlantis on it's way home
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA905
Currently from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska to Campbell Air Force Base,
KY

So, what is the story with the round-about path for Atlantis?
I heard on the radio that it refueled in the Texas panhandle
(Amarillo?), then went to Omaha, and now Kentucky? Why not the
more typical path straight east? Weather a factor?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old July 5th 07, 05:10 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
John[_3_]

On Jul 5, 12:26 am, "John A. Weeks III" wrote:
In article et,
Craig Fink wrote:

To follow Atlantis on it's way home
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA905
Currently from Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska to Campbell Air Force Base,
KY

So, what is the story with the round-about path for Atlantis?
I heard on the radio that it refueled in the Texas panhandle
(Amarillo?), then went to Omaha, and now Kentucky? Why not the
more typical path straight east? Weather a factor?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications http://www.johnweeks.com

That would be my guess . . . we have had a lot of disturbed weather
in the Southeast U.S. in the early part of this week. I didnt see
anything official on the NASA website about it, but I think you are
right, that it was weather.

Take care . . .

John