Companies have been racing to produce technology to mass producehybrids

Old March 6th 08, 03:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default Companies have been racing to produce technology to mass producehybrids

The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
.....past time....all the action
http://www.getaction4ever.com
Old March 7th 08, 02:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

Too bad the h2o2/aluminum semi-fuel-cell can't ever get used.

Too clean?

Too powerful?

Too compact?

Too renewable?

Too damn good for the environment?

If course there's also the little ICE using h2o2 + fossil or synfuel
that'll burn hot and fast at absolute minimum CO2 and zero NOx.

Hummer = 100 empg (of the fossil/synfuel)

GM Volt = 200 empg (of the fossil/synfuel)

.. - Brad Guth

Old March 8th 08, 07:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 6, 7:52 am, wrote:
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
....past time....all the actionhttp://www.getaction4ever.com

Wow! mention anything of utilizing or otherwise incorporating h2o2 and
all the Usenet lights go out, as well as the front, side and back
doors slam shut.

Too bad the h2o2/aluminum semi-fuel-cell can't ever get used.

Too clean?

Too powerful?

Too compact?

Too renewable?

Too gosh damn good for the environment?

If course there's also the clean little ICE that's efficiently using
this good form of stored liquid energy density that's of h2o2 + fossil
or synfuel that'll burn hot and fast at absolute minimum CO2 and zero
NOx.

Hummer = 100 empg (of the fossil/synfuel consumption)

GM Volt = 200 empg (of the fossil/synfuel consumption)

Or instead of doing this as hybrid, you could just as well become h2o2/
aluminum (aka fuel-cell) for being all electric.

.. - Brad Guth
Old March 10th 08, 12:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else

wrote:
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
....past time....all the action
http://www.getaction4ever.com

Is power the issue? I thought capacity was the problem. Other things
being equal, three times the power just means you can flatten them three
times as fast.

Sylvia.
Old March 10th 08, 01:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 10, 4:24 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
wrote:
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
....past time....all the action
http://www.getaction4ever.com

Is power the issue? I thought capacity was the problem. Other things
being equal, three times the power just means you can flatten them three
times as fast.

Sylvia.

Of using h2o2 plus a little fossil or synfuel is offering good and
clean energy capacity, even if we're stuck with having to use a
pathetic piston ICE.

Decades ago I also had notions of a semi-hybrid V2V4 or even a V2V6
ICE of just good old 4 cycle pistons doing there usual inefficient
mechanical thing of added friction and wasting of kinetic energy. At
least this way the car, truck or SUV could spend as much as 90% of its
city road time operating from just two pistons, keeping all those
energy sucking appliances and HVAC up to snuff, with the other 4 or 6
pistons getting involved by way of a magnetic flywheel like coupling,
but only on demand as needed. This would only double or possibly
tripple the empg of a conventional ICE application, with those extreme
high-millage demanding folks capable of getting as great as 4X empg
within certain applications that might get a full sized Hummer or
Escalade up to 50 empg, without their giving up the combined fuel
sucking sprint energy with all pistons engaged.
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 11th 08, 11:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 6, 7:52 am, wrote:
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
....past time....all the actionhttp://www.getaction4ever.com

Good empg isn't hardly rocket science. Why have 8 or even 6 of those
4-cycle pistons going and going if 2 is more than sufficient?

KIS (keep it simple) and you'll get a whole lot better empg:
As of decades ago, I had notions of a semi-hybrid V2V4, or even a V2V6
ICE of just good old 4 cycle pistons doing their usual inefficient
mechanical thing of added friction and wasting of thermal and kinetic
energy while burning up plain old gasoline and atmosphere. At least
this way the car, truck or SUV w/o a spendy hybrid battery and its
complex electric drive system could spend as much as 90% of its city
road and light duty freeway time operating from just two pistons,
thereby keeping all those energy sucking appliances and HVAC up to
snuff, with those other 4 or 6 pistons getting involved by way of a
magnetic flywheel coupling so that all cylinders are delivering
torque, but only on demand as needed.

In some instances this would only double or possibly triple the empg
of a conventional ICE application that's already efficient at 30 empg,
with those of the larger equipment and of extreme high-mileage
demanding folks capable of getting as great as 4X empg, especially
within certain applications that should not have problems getting a
full sized Hummer or Escalade up to 50 empg, and that's without their
giving up the combined fuel sucking sprint energy with all pistons
engaged, or otherwise having to incorporate any spendy and complex
hybrid battery technology.

Of course, as of way back then and especially nowadays, folks in
charge or supposedly within the mainstream know were entirely negative
and as naysay and/or remaining as topic/author obstructive as they
could get, making it next to impossible to even share or otherwise
convey this notion without our having to offer a fleet of custom
prototypes that they would get to use for free, if not having to pay
them to drive might not even be sufficient because every effort of
their nayism mindset would be intent upon trying to damage or destroy
the entire fleet. I've always noticed this deeply embedded undertow
because all of these special/naysay folks that are supposedly so all-
knowing are not ever the ones complaining in the least bit about the
cost of fuel, of any other energy cost or of the unavoidable secondary
inflation imposed upon most everything else we need in order to
sustain our quality of life. It's as though these mainstream or bust
naysayers are always employed or retired with full benefits as more
than flush with ample cost of living built into their income status,
along with getting those bonus dollars for giving others a bad time by
way of stalking and then suppressing or simply banishing any possible
efficiency improvements to their polluted mainstream status quo that's
getting way too energy spendy and polluting by the day for all the
rest of us.

Of what's not exactly KIS, but otherwise perfectly doable:
Using h2o2 plus a little fossil or synfuel is still offering us an
alternative of good and clean energy density, as well as sufficient
fuel capacity for accomplishing a fair amount of usable range per dual
tank full, and that's even a win-win if we're stuck with having to use
a pathetic piston ICE. The hybrid version of this would also include
the h2o2/aluminum semi-fuel-cell for its electrical energy instead of
a conventional battery, roughly doubling upon the fossil or synfuel
empg, as well as contributing zero NOx and absolute minimal CO2
because of using the liquid density of h2o2 instead of atmosphere.
Unfortunately, this is obviously a complex alternative that only a
true scientist or serious inventor of future technology would
appreciate.
.. - Brad Guth
Old March 13th 08, 07:01 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Mar 6, 7:52 am, wrote:
The world's largest automaker by sales was to announce the hybrid
system Tuesday at the Geneva International Motor Show, saying the new
battery will deliver three times the power of GM's current nickel-
metal-hydride batteries.

more here!

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/TECH/03/....ap/index.html

_______________________________
....past time....all the action http://www.getaction4ever.com

If that new and improved battery doesn't take as much birth-to-grave
energy as it can safely store on behalf of delivering thousands of
cycles, as such that's a good thing. However, most often such spendy
battery technology doesn't add up once the all-inclusive life cycle of
that battery is taken fully into account, not that all such battery
usage is entirely a bad thing if having been created and reprocessed
from primarily green/renewable energy to start with.

Perhaps if God, yourself or even our lovable Tom Hanks were put in
charge, such as in order to retool this pathetic nation that's going
as fast as it can into the nearest space-toilet in spite of what we
think we know, and if it's intended for the better we first need to
fix the fundamental heart and soul of what got us into this horrific
mess in the first place, and if need be by way of retroactively
kicking butts until those NASA/Apollo cows come home, or their fat
lady sings.

First off, the likes of our Willie.Moo should perhaps stop trying to
make it look as though everything lord Mook has to say is always 100%
correct, and of everything anyone else has to share is in one way or
another 100% incorrect or unrelated, especially if such relates to
revising history that's too often as is anything but truthful. Such
all-knowing but oddly pretend-atheist types are too smart not to have
the intellectual ability as to properly interpret the technological
intent or worded jest of whatever others are having to share. Much
like his skewed topic of "space travel or war" is clearly about the
options we have had, and of why we've so often elected the path of war
instead of pursuing science (including renewable energy) and viable
off-world explorations that could have directly benefited the greater
good of humanity (not of just improving the status of those rich and
powerful) and helping to salvage our badly failing environment at the
same time.

Space Travel or War / by William Mook
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.s...403d684bc20d3b

Without a doubt, war it is, because that's exactly what we're doing,
and it's only getting ever so spendy and worse off unless we few
honest good-guys can derail the ongoing GW Bush and Dick Cheney
fiasco, as otherwise we're going to go out of our bully way in order
to nail anyone having more than their fair share of energy, be it
fossil or nuclear. As you Willie.Moo stipulated before, of secret
societies and special interest groups or cults (especially of the
faith-based kind) have been pulling our strings and twisting the truth
and/or excluding evidence for quite some time.

Internet Archive: John F. Kennedy Speech, April 27, 1961
YouTube - JFK Secret Society Speech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs-x0-ffP0Q

I don't recall any JFK specific mention of our private Federal Reserve
as our global banking cartel being cult like, although the highly
exclusive history about our Federal Reserve (not an actual part of any
government agency), is anything but all that public according to the
book "SECRETS OF THE TEMPLE" by William Greider. According to what
little we do know, our Federal Reserve is essentially a private
banking cartel that's in charge of whatever gets affordably funded and
what doesn't of government or private multi-mega ventures, so there's
not much wonder as to why it's going to be war and not of any focus
upon renewable energy, fusion or even thorium, much less advancements
in space travel and explorations instead of war, because there's so
darn little skimming profits or compounded fees and subsequent tax
revenues to behold of renewable energy, and it's not that much better
off if we start using thorium as our nuclear fuel in order to easily
create a vast surplus of clean grid energy.
.. - Brad Guth