Glenn speech

Old December 2nd 04, 04:16 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 06:17:13 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

Do you have a point?

...Well, you do, Rand. On the top of your head.

No, the head looks fairly normal:
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/rand_perry.JPG (the one on the left)
I suspect the brain was taken from the corpse of Abi-sombody though.
The eyes have a decidedly zombieish look to them though, don't they? ;-)

Pat

Old December 2nd 04, 04:16 AM
OM

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:12:46 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Speaking of the sycophantic glee club:
http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/004747.html

....Egads. Talk about your typical grinning butthead.

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 2nd 04, 04:17 AM
OM

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 03:06:20 GMT, h (Rand
Simberg) wrote:

rest of ignorance about space policy, and policy in general, snipped

....You know, considering Dick *founded* this newsgroup, it's obvious
as hell who's the ignorant one.

OM

--

"No ******* ever won a war by dying for |
http://www.io.com/~o_m

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old December 2nd 04, 04:25 AM
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:

...Egads. Talk about your typical grinning butthead.

I like the gun on top of the books.... I take it the idea is that you
must free yourself from government oppression- or they will shoot you. A
whole new take on "Liberty or Death"... :-D

Pat

Old December 2nd 04, 06:01 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:43:26 -0500, in a place far, far away,
"Richard.Glueck" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Worse still, I can not possibly see how a new vehicle is going to be designed,
built, tested repeatedly until it's man-rated, put aboard an as yet unknown
heavy-lift booster, and sent repeatedly to the moon, on $15 billion.

Do you know what "man-rated" means?

I see you have no answer to this question.

Are you unaware of the improvements in design capability,
productivity, and knowledge about such things since the 1960s?

Yes I do. Were you even there to witness it when it happened the first time?

Well, I was certainly alive, if that's what you mean by "witness it."

You think a national program is going to rely on impirical data without
test it each step of the way?

Even ignoring the obvious misspellings and grammatical problems, I've
no idea what this means. I'll be kind and pass up the opportunity to
say things like "Hulk angry. Want to smash people who don't agree."

Do you think anyone is going to put there life on the line in a
deep space vehicle made out of mathematics and good wishes? Try reading about
developing Gemini and Apollo, or even the shuttle, before you and your syncophantic
gleeclub start criticizing those who have their feet based in reality.

Until you can provide some kind of concrete thoughts, there's no way
to respond to your ungrammatical nonsense.
Old December 2nd 04, 06:11 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:02:39 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Andre Lieven wrote:

LOL ! See Bush I's space initiative, announced at the Apollo 11
Plus 20 celebrations.

Don't forget Agnew's trip to Mars plan.
That one got a good laugh.

Yup. You're both apparently easily amused. A symptom of a subpar
intelligence. Would you both like a rubber band to play with?

Nixon had to contend with a Democrat congress. Like Kennedy, Dubya
has a congress of his own party, and a NASA adminstrator of his
choosing, and he's pushed through a NASA budget to support his goals.

Sorry to disappoint, Pat. I know that you continue to regret that
president chimpy hasn't died from a pretzel yet.

I wonder if the president's great support for space exploration has
anything to do with the fact that his brother is governor of Florida?
Duh...could it?

Duh...probably not.
Old December 2nd 04, 06:17 AM
Rand Simberg

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:12:46 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Richard.Glueck wrote:

Yes I do. Were you even there to witness it when it happened the first time? You
think a national program is going to rely on impirical data without test it each
step of the way? Do you think anyone is going to put there life on the line in a

Old December 2nd 04, 06:34 AM
Andre Lieven

Pat Flannery ) writes:
Andre Lieven wrote:

shrug I'll give his writers credit for today. They recalled
Bush believing that the Canadian PM's name ( In early 2000 )
was Jean Poutine...

Speaking of Bush's syntax: http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/
Some of these are absolute classics:
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never
neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

Yes, I've heard a tape of that one. Royal Canadian Air Farce used
that clip, for a comedy bit, a couple of months ago.

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies
against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim
of a hat."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 17, 2004

Ouch. Thats what one gets, for being a hat monger... g

Andre

--
" I'm a man... But, I can change... If I have to... I guess. "
The Man Prayer, Red Green.
Old December 2nd 04, 04:17 PM
Hop David

Rand Simberg wrote:

Irrelevant. There is zero relationship between the budgets of the
Pentagon and NASA.

In a sane government the sum of all the budgets would be less than or
equal to the money available. So increasing one budget would subtract
from other budgets.

But you are quite correct, sad to say.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html

Old December 2nd 04, 05:09 PM
Eric Chomko

Pat Flannery ) wrote:

: Andre Lieven wrote:

:
: LOL ! See Bush I's space initiative, announced at the Apollo 11
: Plus 20 celebrations.
:

: Don't forget Agnew's trip to Mars plan.
: That one got a good laugh.
: I wonder if the president's great support for space exploration has
: anything to do with the fact that his brother is governor of Florida?
: Duh...could it?

And Texas where W is from.

Eric

Glenn speech Jim Oberg Policy 77 December 7th 04 08:18 AM
John Glenn Loses his Soul Mark R. Whittington Policy 35 March 10th 04 10:28 PM
No Moon, Mars, or Space in the State of the Union Speech [was Audio of Bush's Speech] GCGassaway Space Shuttle 1 January 22nd 04 12:22 PM
Bush's speech: a load of wishful thinking Greg Kuperberg Policy 8 January 17th 04 11:06 PM
Bush speech on Moon cancelled/postponed... John Ordover Policy 24 January 6th 04 10:12 AM