Fake landing on moon

Old April 2nd 04, 04:59 PM
Ami Silberman

Default Fake landing on moon

"Warhol" wrote in message
Sorry it's in French...
http://www.arte-tv.com/dossier/dossi...=42761&lang=fr

I think this is the *parady* about moon myth conspiracies discussed a couple
of months back, but my French is sufficiently nonexistant that I couldn't
ascertain for sure.

Old April 3rd 04, 02:58 PM
Fred Garvin

"Warhol" wrote in
:

Fake landing on moon

I saw a documentary on Arte ( Franco German network ) yesterday

There were many senior US official which all said that the landing
movie was a fake

And every one of them is an assclown.

The idea came from Nixon , when he learned by Nasa that Astronauts may
not be able to come back in order to give the video so He decided to
contact Kubrick and use his studio

More bull****.

I was shocked

You were duped.

--
My other machine runs Linux!
Try a live distro today! Mepis or Knoppix or Kanotix.
Old April 4th 04, 11:23 AM
Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker (zili@home)

Am Sun, 4 Apr 2004 05:21:10 +0200 schrieb "Warhol":

The thing I learned was about the temperature on the moon, there is no film
on the world who can work under those conditions on the moon. With cold of
the moon, the film had to break. It was not possible to take picture on the
moon with the camera's they had. No, there was need for ultra special
camera's that the americans dont have. Do you understand what I mean?

You seem to be a VERY mis-informed troll, that believes and re-chews
anything, that other trolls wrote.

But now to the facts: Did you ever hear the word 'polyester'? That is
the material, the film basic substrate for lunar use was made of. The
advantages were manifold - the film was much more thermically stable
than the formerly used ones, so it COULD withstand the harsh
temperatures on moon, and it was possible to make it thinner than
normal film, so that the film cassettes could be loaded with longer
films, what resulted in a nearly doubled capacity, and there are a
couple more advantages besides of only a few disadvantages in handling
the film material. But even up to today, the use of that polyester
based films has remained relatively seldom, despite the advantages.
The only polyester based film I ever used was the Ilford HP5
Autowinder type, that fitted 72 24x36mm exposures in a cartridge, that
could hold only the usual 36-40 exposures with a standard film.

To the cameras: These were nearly 'normal' Hasselblad 500EL cameras,
that got stripped-off the leathering, got enlargened control elements,
and were fit with 'reseau screens' for getting measuring marks on the
exposed film (that made the crosses on all lunar images).

About the temperatures on moon: These were NOT _SO_ much different
than the temperatures on earth, and the lighting conditions did not
differ so much, too - simply because moon has roughly the same sun
distance as the earth. The only real problem on moon was, that the
earth atmosphere has a dampening effect on heating up and cooling down
that naturally does not exist in an atmoshere-less condition. But the
absence of atmoshere does the counter-effect of insulating very well -
it's luke a thermos can, that insulates coffee over hours very well.

So the temperature changes of these cameras and films were FAR NOT as
much, as the moon hoaxers propagate. Don't believe them that much
unproven statements. BTW: There IS much more manageable. And I know
what I write of - I DID photographic exercises in very harsh
environments, at -100 deg C as well as at +250 deg C, as well as in
slightly radiated environments with air pressures form nearly vacuum
up to around 50 bar. And I ever GOT usable images...

| BTW. That "documentary" was never about trying to prove the moon
| landings were fake but had as special purpose to show people how
| interviews and material can be manipulated.

Yes. That's exactly what I said it was.

Finnally we agree on something, I hope you understand that is an knigh that
cut's on both sides.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /
Old April 4th 04, 08:49 PM
OM

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 08:54:28 -0600, "Jay Windley"
wrote:

....Jay, this horse****er is nothing but a troll. Either find out his
real name & address and send Buzz Aldrin over to beat the **** out of
him, or just killfile the little ******* and be done with him.

"Warhol" wrote in message

| Just put an film in deep freezer -60° a -80° and try to take
| picture. your film will break.

Do you say this because it is an experiment that you have tried? Or do you
say this simply because someone else told you that's what happened and
that's what you wanted to believe anyway?

....For the record, and just in case some of you aren't sure, Warhol is
full of ****. In my film days I regularly kept Tri-X, Fujicolor and
even good ol' 100ASA Kodachrome in the freezer where the temperatures
ranged from -10° to -50°, and never had a stiffness problem. In fact,
some of the reason the color registration on the Apollo shots was that
the film *was* a bit on the chilly side.

In any case, Warhol's in Killfile Hell, which if he truly takes after
his namesake, he's probably enjoing getting the train from the Maxsons
right about now...

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old April 5th 04, 12:25 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , OM
om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org writes

"Warhol" wrote in message

| Just put an film in deep freezer -60° a -80° and try to take
| picture. your film will break.

Do you say this because it is an experiment that you have tried? Or do you
say this simply because someone else told you that's what happened and
that's what you wanted to believe anyway?

...For the record, and just in case some of you aren't sure, Warhol is
full of ****. In my film days I regularly kept Tri-X, Fujicolor and
even good ol' 100ASA Kodachrome in the freezer where the temperatures
ranged from -10° to -50°, and never had a stiffness problem. In fact,
some of the reason the color registration on the Apollo shots was that
the film *was* a bit on the chilly side.

When I went to Mongolia to see a total solar eclipse a few years ago, we
were advised to test our cameras in a deep freeze at -20 Celsius. I did,
and didn't have any problems.
When I got there a warm front had come in from Siberia (which sounds
like a contradictory statement, given that it was March !) , the
temperature was only a bit below zero Celsius, and we were clouded out,
dammit!
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!
Old April 5th 04, 01:50 AM
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"OM" om@our_blessed_lady_mary_of_the_holy_NASA_researc h_facility.org wrote
in message ...
...For the record, and just in case some of you aren't sure, Warhol is
full of ****. In my film days I regularly kept Tri-X, Fujicolor and
even good ol' 100ASA Kodachrome in the freezer where the temperatures
ranged from -10° to -50°, and never had a stiffness problem. In fact,
some of the reason the color registration on the Apollo shots was that
the film *was* a bit on the chilly side.

I sure hope this wasn't the freezer you kept your ice cream in.... I left my
wife's ice-cream cake on the backporch overnight (daily highs were about
0F). It was rock solid.

Old April 5th 04, 02:32 AM
Pat Flannery

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

When I went to Mongolia to see a total solar eclipse a few years ago,

Jeeze, and I thought that driving up near Minot was a long way to go to
see totality!
I mean, I think it would take a complete idiot to go all the way to
Mongolia.....oh....wait a minute.... :-)

Pat

Old April 5th 04, 06:56 AM
Mary Shafer

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 20:32:27 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

When I went to Mongolia to see a total solar eclipse a few years ago,

Jeeze, and I thought that driving up near Minot was a long way to go to
see totality!
I mean, I think it would take a complete idiot to go all the way to
Mongolia.....oh....wait a minute.... :-)

So, you went to Mongolia, too, Pat?

We went to the total eclipse in Aruba, via cruise ship. Since my idea
of roughing it is going someplace without 24-hour room service, this
was pretty much OK. Taking photos from one of the aft decks, with
stewards bringing iced tea and beer, wasn't exactly what I'd call
rough duty.

Mary

Old April 5th 04, 06:48 PM
Pat Flannery

Mary Shafer wrote:

So, you went to Mongolia, too, Pat?

May your collies worm themselves on your Dryden Test Program
Transcripts! :-)

We went to the total eclipse in Aruba, via cruise ship. Since my idea
of roughing it is going someplace without 24-hour room service, this
was pretty much OK. Taking photos from one of the aft decks, with
stewards bringing iced tea and beer, wasn't exactly what I'd call
rough duty.

Now see, this is the appropriate and civilized way of doing a scientific
expedition; not shivering in a yurt while strange toothless and
greasy-haired women spit mare's milk mixed with their filthy saliva into
unwashed and maggot-ridden bowls where it will ferment into something
that even Genghis Khan was hesitant to drink! Not stumbling through the
Mongolian night in search of the communal vomit pit after you have made
the near fatal mistake of actually drinking some of that milkspittle
beer! Not eating rotten horse meat out of a pot where it's been cooked
by heating it with red-hot prehistoric Oviraptor eggs! Not making the
second delirious trip of the night, this time toward the communal crap
pit when the horse meat begins to gallop in your stomach, and you come
down with a case of the Mongolian trots! Not looking up the next day
toward a cloudy Mongolian sky as it slowly darkens, and then woozily
weaving back towards the yurt where your horse louse infested clothing
awaits you, only to trip over one of the million fossilized
Protoceratops skulls that litter the landscape, and break your ankle!
Not to see the weeping Mongolian chieftain pointing a flintlock pistol
at your head; this being the traditional way that broken legs on _any_
animal are dealt with in Mongolia!
No...the true scientist awaits the great celestial event with a
carefully mixed gin and tonic in hand, such as was carried by the bold
British explorers of old to protect them from scurvy, malaria, and
snakebite as they prowled the unknown reaches of dark and dank museum
basements in search of the elusive find that would change the world! The
true scientist knows that it's not _what_ is discovered, it's _how_ it's
discovered that is important; and it's far better to develop a plan to
change the orbit of the Moon so that eclipses occur only in pleasant
areas of the world during that area's most pleasant season than to
wander into some godawful asshole-of-the-earth place like Mongolia for
the sake of the cheap thrill of telling the illiterate inhabitants that
unless they give you all their gold, you are going to make the sun
disappear forever!
Not of course that there is anything inherently _wrong_ with doing
that... for it shall make them less gullible to the tricks of charlatans
who may visit them in the future, and such increase in the knowledge of
God's nitwitted unfortunates is certainly The White Man's Burden!

Pat

Old April 5th 04, 08:08 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Pat Flannery
writes

Mary Shafer wrote:

So, you went to Mongolia, too, Pat?

May your collies worm themselves on your Dryden Test Program
Transcripts! :-)

We went to the total eclipse in Aruba, via cruise ship. Since my idea
of roughing it is going someplace without 24-hour room service, this
was pretty much OK. Taking photos from one of the aft decks, with
stewards bringing iced tea and beer, wasn't exactly what I'd call
rough duty.

Now see, this is the appropriate and civilized way of doing a
scientific expedition; not shivering in a yurt while strange toothless
and greasy-haired women spit mare's milk mixed with their filthy saliva
into unwashed and maggot-ridden bowls where it will ferment into
something that even Genghis Khan was hesitant to drink!

There's a grain of truth in this :-)
While the capital is clean, the airport even cleaner and newer (at least
it was a few years ago), and MIAT doesn't really deserve its nickname
"Maybe I Arrive Tomorrow" - the flight had a nice casual quality and the
landing really tested the undercarriage, but we got there and back -
some of the people I was with stopped at a yurt for some real Mongolian
food.
At the time everyone else was envious, but it was only later that we
learned that by the time they got back to China they were all very ill.
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!