Are we alone? No

Old August 31st 03, 07:12 AM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message...

Ron There is sameness the way matter and forces create structures. 90%
of stars in the Milky Way are like our sun. The fact that nature uses
the hydrogen atom and the carbon atom for the structure of organic
matter is not surprising,and it is reasonable to think that is true in
every part of the universe. Our earth has millions and millions of
different life forms. They all are carbon hydrates. Man is the only
life form that looks beyond the earth"s atmosphere. Alien intelligent
life can be green. They could have three eyes. Two pair of arms,and
six fingers on each hand. No hair. They could never have wheels for
feet,for nature never used the wheel.(possibly the tumble weed) Micro
life has its exceptions,but it could never develop a brain with enough
structure. All forms of intelligent life would have good eyes. A strong
body. A brain on the highest part of its body. Intelligent life that is
millions of years older than us could all look exactly the same (100%
identical) They might have found cloning more beneficial than chancing
the out come of DNA. Bert

We could go on and on about all of this, Bert... let me pick
out one thing -- the natural wheel...

You're right that nature never "used" the wheel (unless there
could be a stretch down to the atomic level, where many
things like to go 'round 'n 'round).

Yet nature does favor making round things. Only one place
in the world that i know of where some of the tree trunks are
not round, but square. That's down in Panama at a small
golf resort. I not only heard about this on Nat. Geog., but i
also visited there to see for myself. The trees will only grow
there and if taken anywhere else and replanted, they will die
very soon. There are also golden frogs there.

Anyway, round tree trunks were most probably our very first
form of invented wheels. Then someone got the bright idea
to slice up the tree into skinny wheels.

What is an accretion disk but a sort of natural wheel? What
is a hurricane? a tornado? a whirlpool?

What is a...

....spiral galaxy?

Nature may have never used the wheel the way WE use it,
but nature most definitely uses the wheel for her own
purposes.

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
So watch as we go 'round in circles,
Ending back where we began,

Paine Ellsworth

Old August 31st 03, 02:02 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Painius Well I was only using the wheel in regards to life forms.
Man invented the wheel. I'm sure slicing a tree trunk gave him his
first wheel. That is interesting about square tree trunks. Might throw
this in. The wheel barrel was invented in 1030 AD,and was the first
labor saver, One man could do the work of two. Bert
PS Is there any reason given for square tree trunks????

Old August 31st 03, 04:50 PM
Bill Sheppard

Painius wrote,

What is an accretion disk but a sort of
natural wheel? What is a hurricane? a
tornado? a whirlpool?

What is a...
...spiral galaxy?

Nature may have never used the wheel
the way WE use it, but nature most
definitely uses the wheel for her own
purposes.

...As in the dual-hemisphered toroid with common equator rotating on a
polar axis, the most primal form in nature.g oc

To reply by e-mail please use anti-spam address: oldcoot88atwebtv.net
Change 'at' to@

Old August 31st 03, 09:22 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Painius The American Indian did not use the wheel. He used a long
strong tree branch with his belongings,and tee-pee atached to if. It
might have been better than a wheel,as to the terrain. Painius I'm not
sure those small wheels on the Mars rover are best suited for Mars
surface. When I was 6 years old I love playing with a toy tank(had a
wind up key). It could go over anything I put in front of it. It would
tip over but I figured out if I took away the high top,and its tracks
were its highest part (top or bottom) there was no way of stopping it.
I like tracks instead of wheels,for they take up a bigger area,and give
more traction(friction) especially on a sandy surface. Wheels dig
in,and tracks dig out. Bert

Old September 2nd 03, 12:46 PM
Painius

I was going to say that, Bill, but you say it so much better! g

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
"Oh give me please the Universe keys
That unlock all those mysteries!"

"Oh give me please the Happiness keys
That ease the pain of biting fleas!"
Today you seize you need no keys,
That door is always open.

Paine Ellsworth

Painius wrote,

Old September 3rd 03, 01:32 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Painius What if all intelligent life is listening and know one is
sending? (I read that) Earth radio waves always were a closed system.
In the days of early TV these I lLove Lucy waves could enter outer
space. Now even TV EM waves are again a closed system. Do you think
someday we will talk to astronauts living on the moon with our cellular
phones? Bert

Old September 6th 03, 07:17 AM
Painius

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" wrote in message...

Painius What if all intelligent life is listening and know one is
sending? (I read that) Earth radio waves always were a closed system.
In the days of early TV these I lLove Lucy waves could enter outer
space. Now even TV EM waves are again a closed system. Do you think
someday we will talk to astronauts living on the moon with our cellular
phones? Bert

Oh yeah... a different type of cell phone, maybe with video
and stuff. And there'll be about a 1.5 second delay due to
the limited speed of radiation and the distance of the Moon.
They won't be astronauts, though... they'll be Settlers!

Bert, put yourself in the shoes of someone on a relatively
nearby planet... near enough to have received some of our
broadcasts...

Now if they're *that* near, then chances are fair that we
would have already received some of *their* broadcasts,
but set that aside for the moment.

Okay, you're a SETI worker, and you hear what is almost
unmistakably an intelligent signal from another planet.
What do you do?

What do you do?

We are all so afraid of the unknown that the last thing we
would do is send a message of acknowledgement! We
have had lots of time to think about this since the Sagan/
Drake plaque went out on the Pioneers. That's no problem
because they're nothing but tiny microbes in a huge and
unimaginably vast sea of space.

But to actually acknowledge a message from another
planet?

Humans don't have the balls!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
Tender is my love for thee
Oh star so close at hand,

It's so easy to believe
In all this beachin' fun,
That some day you and i will be--
Altogether one.

Paine Ellsworth

Old September 6th 03, 11:59 AM
JazzUP

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:35:33 -0500, "Phyloe"

I feel soooooo alone!!!
Old September 8th 03, 03:04 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Hi Painius I think we do have the "balls" as you put it. If these
aliens arrived,and we saw how ugly they are we would used that for the
reason to kill them. In every 100 million planets one planet is
organic. In every galaxy of 100 billion stars there is a planet that is
intelligent. In the past 13 billion years there have been nine
intelligent civilizations that have lived and died by their own hand.
Bert

Old September 8th 03, 03:35 PM

Painius wrote:

Okay, you're a SETI worker, and you hear what is almost
unmistakably an intelligent signal from another planet.
What do you do?

What do you do?

We are all so afraid of the unknown that the last thing we
would do is send a message of acknowledgement!

Of course there is the problem that as a SETI worker your
job is to LOOK of intelligent messages. If you actually
found one, you sort of put yourself out of a job!

But to actually acknowledge a message from another
planet?

Humans don't have the balls!

Of course, humans have the balls. The message would be
returned and acknowledged at once. Communication would
begin! But the problem would be that absolutely NONE
of this would be made public! Anyone revealing the
transmissions would be publicly ridiculed or worse.

Where there is lack of ball is in the government officials
who are so afraid that there might be such an advantage
over other governments with this knowledge that they
are scared to death to just dump it out there and let
nature take its course.

bjacoby
--
SPAM-Guard! Remove .users (if present) to email me!