Celestron Nexstar 114computerised scope

Old September 16th 03, 09:38 PM
Darrell

The price has come down a lot, I'm guessing because they have a newer model
out, the 130GPS priced around $500 or less. It will save you a lot of time
aligning your scope. But, you really can't beat the price of the 114GT now.
Less than $200! That's a steal!

"Ricky Hobson" wrote in message
Has anybody had any experience with the above scope. Is it any good or is
it considered rubbish?

Thanks in advance

Old September 17th 03, 09:22 AM
Ricky Hobson

"Darrell" wrote in message
The price has come down a lot, I'm guessing because they have a newer

model
out, the 130GPS priced around $500 or less. It will save you a lot of

time
aligning your scope. But, you really can't beat the price of the 114GT

now.
Less than $200! That's a steal!

"Ricky Hobson" wrote in message
Has anybody had any experience with the above scope. Is it any good or

is
it considered rubbish?

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the good advice. Have just ordered a 114 from ebay for £130
including delivery etc. Hopefully I will have it for the weekend.

cheers

Ricky

Old September 18th 03, 05:20 PM
Greg Askins

pinkling wrote:
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:00:42 GMT in
, "MrB"
graced the world with this
thought:

Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet because I won't have it until
Wednesday, I bought it for 160 US dollars. Costco had a special of $199 and
a $40 coupon. I checked out the site cited below and I guess this was a
pretty good deal. This is a 114GT Celestron.

yeah, right.

Just to confirm: Costco had a special coupon for the 114GT Celestron the
last week of August for only $159. That's the complete standard 114GT
including the GoTo mount and tripod, two eyepieces, red-eye finder scope
and optical tube assembly.

Really quite a deal.

Greg

Old September 19th 03, 02:00 AM
MrB

Thanks Greg for the confirmation. I felt the stabbing sarcasm of the "yeah,
right" comment. I have the scope now and am learning to use it.